I have been recording on Goldwave for a while. And im curious to see if theres any better- free software out there.
Ive done audicity, but it sucks cause you can only save as and audicity file. And I need to save them as MP3's.
I have a Dell Dimension, Window XP if that helps.
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
try downloading garage band through limewire or something
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
You can export Audacity files as mp3's if you download the codec software or something. Or you can export them as wave files and convert them to mp3's. There's a program called Reaper, which I find easier to use than Audacity, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to export songs, so I use a combination of both.
Quote by timmEH
try downloading garage band through limewire or something

Garage band I think is only for apple computers or somthin. I dont think it works on windows or Dell comps.

BUt I was thinkin about just downloading some program of Limewire. What would be a good one?

Maybe Acid Pro. Lol theres alot of them which would be the right one (by size)?
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Quote by Metal_696
Garage band I think is only for apple computers or somthin. I dont think it works on windows or Dell comps.

BUt I was thinkin about just downloading some program of Limewire. What would be a good one?

Maybe Acid Pro. Lol theres alot of them which would be the right one (by size)?

Yeah, garage band is for Macs.

Acid Pro would be good. I don't know the right size off hand, but I'm sure if you went to it's website where you can download it, it'll tell you how many MB's it is or w/e.
If you run mac or linux you can use ardour (just google for it) it's a digital audio workstation that can even be compared to cakewalk sonar. It's completely free!

The only thing it's missing is a MIDI sequencer.
I said I have windows xp. no mac or anythihng...

Now i have everything hooked up. But I can only hear my guitar in the left speaker, what the hell is wrong? its not the wire cause checked with some other amp...
Can someone please help me out? Its REALLY pissing me off...
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Last edited by Metal_696 at Jun 1, 2006,
I just went to the acid pro 6 website and it looks so confusing!!!! What makes it so much better than audacity for the $375 that it costs??
Guitars are mono, which is probably why you hear it only on one speaker.
Quote by Muphin
If you run mac or linux you can use ardour (just google for it) it's a digital audio workstation that can even be compared to cakewalk sonar. It's completely free!

The only thing it's missing is a MIDI sequencer.

ya i reccomend ardour too
it works grate for me
but u need linux...which is also free!
and JACK...free!
kristal is good
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....