I'm getting a set of EMG's instead of The full shred pickups i was looking into. So where is the best online place to buy an EMg 81 and 85? Cheapest i mean
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
the internet isnt hard to use, so try looking before asking.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
I did. douche.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Most places are generally going to be around the same price online. Try music123.com and musiciansfriend.com if you are in the US. Guitarandkeyboard if you are in the UK. I think they are more expensive though.
Quote by jmac72187
Most places are generally going to be around the same price online. Try music123.com and musiciansfriend.com if you are in the US. Guitarandkeyboard if you are in the UK. I think they are more expensive though.

They don't have EMGs at Musician's Friend or Music123. I know of a guitar store in the Nashville, TN area that has them called Guitar Heaven that has them. They've got an online store.

http://www.gtrheaven.com/emg.htm
Simpelest way since your in the states go to Guitar Center
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Your lucky, they are very cheap in the states compared to here in the Uk. Try that Guitar Heaven place, its cheap.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Look for an EMG Zakk WYlde set on ebay. They're usually cheaper there than anywhere else.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by El Codyo
http://www.emgpickups.com/dealers.asp
Apparently not. douche.

Owned.

I would probably end up going the ebay route, myself.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
http://www.emgpickups.com/dealers.asp
Apparently not. douche.

I'm not going to argue online about a site and or link i have already tried out.

what amp do you have? what sounds you aiming for?

I have two fenders i play through. Two Deluxe ninety watts. An all around sound. My friend has them in his LP and i would like to put them in mine.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Quote by PunxRckr
I did. douche.

i hope you know avenged sevenfold and A7x arent real punk.. anyways dont get EMGS, i think they sound too bassy and they are terrible for anything

IMO
What does A7X have to do with anything? Yeah they aren't punk so what. I listen to them. Alot. But i understand they aren't punk. I don't even understand how they are categorized as Punk.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Quote by PunxRckr
I'm not going to argue online about a site and or link i have already tried out.

I have two fenders i play through. Two Deluxe ninety watts. An all around sound. My friend has them in his LP and i would like to put them in mine.

see the problem is that emg's are treble pup's and when matched with the warmth sound from the mahogany body of an lp it becomes a matched pair while strats well thats a different story
^IMO EMG's sound pretty terrible...they're only good on a really nice tube amp, with a really smooth guitar tone(EG LP.)

+1 for eBay.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeh i find emgs pretty sterile i dont get what all the hype is about. and yeh i agree about the tube amp
Well i really like using Seymour duncans. I use them alot, but i've been looking into buying a pair of Emgs,
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
I play mainly metal so EMGs are perfect and if you pair the right pickups good tone is easy

81 best bridge pickup imo Great Lead tone for soloing and rhythm stuff as well

60 in the neck Best Rhythm and amazing cleans but your gonna need a good tube amp

I have personally triend all different kind of combinations in different guitars i made a thread about it about a month ago but it kinda died hope it helps

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342344&page=3&highlight=EMG+Thread
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Jun 3, 2006,