Ever since 2002 b.c. rich has lowered the quality of their guitars and pushed prices higher than they should, but now they have reclaimed themselves.

N.T. Series(Formerly The N.J. series):
All N.T. series are NECK-THRU instead of Bolt like N.j.'s were for the same exact price these are some of the cheapest price neck-thru's on the market today now(also changed on basses).

They come in Various colors and quilt tops.

They've also introduced a new neck design no other company has that really blew my expectations out and above of my head it's called the

I.T. Series:
The Neck is a 5 piece (Maple/Ebony/Maple/Ebony/Maple) bolt on that utilizes a patented way of attaching it to the body.

The Neck Block is extended and recessed into the back of the body. It gives you the benefits of a Neck-Through: increased sustain, increased resonance, smooth heel, pickps and bridge mounted directly to the neck block. The mounting screws are hidden under the pickups.

They've also done some adding to the S.E. series some are neck-thru's now and such and added new paint jobs to the N.J. classic series for a more classic b.c. rich look(same for basses)

Deluxe Series:
It's a set neck with a type of Quad bridge(My favorite), hopefully they fall through with more of these and make them the new standard of bronze series.

Sum Up: These guitars are definately not just for looks anymore. Some of the cheapest neck-thru's on the market, dealing with most people's main complaint with the company.
Dickless.
Cool, the Warlock still looks rediculously stupid though. I did, however, play a really nice Bich the other day.

EDIT: No, it was a Mockingbird. I actually don't mind that shape.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Jun 1, 2006,
The clear finish neck-thought bich is an ok guitar actually.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
thats pretty sick. i always loved the look of the mockingbird
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Most people are bashing Bich for no reason, they're just pissed because they payed $200 for a Bronze Series and thoght it would be a real, "Metal Master."
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
bc rich is by far my favorite guitar company. I have 3 customs and they all play like a dream. I have a stealth, ignitor, and a gunslinger. If you dont own a bc rich go buy one, you wont be dissapointed.
Meh, I played a NJ Classic Mockingbird once at Guitar Center. I didn't get to plug it in, so I can't tell you about the tone quality. It was, however, very resonant. Plus, it looked very nice.
Quote by deadmansdiary
bc rich is by far my favorite guitar company. I have 3 customs and they all play like a dream. I have a stealth, ignitor, and a gunslinger. If you dont own a bc rich go buy one, you wont be dissapointed.

You will be dissapointed.

Anyways, I think the bashing they have been taking for the past 2 or 3 years (or maybe it was longer) has finally gotten to them... so they may be improving soon. Neck-thrus, 5 peice necks, etc... on a B.C. Rich! Holy moley.
Yes, they may have changed some things, but what does it matter if they still use crappy materials? Unless they uprgraded from the agathis and basswood they usually use to better wood like mahogany, these new things aren't going to matter much.

What about the pickups? I haven't heard a single good comment about B.C. Rich pups before-are they different now? If so, are they actually better?

Also, I'd like to clarify one thing; most people only bash low-end B.C. Rich's. I haven't seen many people criticize the high end US made ones.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Meh, all that neck through stuff is crap.

No matter how innovative their neck isntallation is is the joint isnt' tight it's not going to do anything but give you some better fret access.

A pup isntallation sounds like a bitch to do with that kind of neck joint now. And maple and ebony? maple is realyl bright with a good sustain, ebony is hard and kills sustain, wow great

I'm sorry, but all thsi stuff just sounds like a marketing ploy, there's virtually not really difference in toen for these guitars, that's why the majority of ug hates tehm in the first place. Other tehn custom shop bc riches I still woudlnt' buy tehm.
^Even with the custom shop ones, you still have to deal with the wild shapes. What happened to the good old classic shapes? Nope. Those are crap now. A guitar that's the same shape of bug guts splattered on your windshield...now THAT is where it's at.

I agree with kaplac. It seems like a marketing ploy so they can try to attract some of the smarter guitarists by making them think they're getting something that's good for cheap. In actuality, it's halfassed and isn't even worth the cheap price.

And, like I already said, unless they have better materials and hardware, the guitars will still suck. No matter how fancy the neck joint is.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^They're ugly too. Those shapes just look stupid. Think, there have been only a few famous guitar shapes that stuck.

-Tele
-Strat(Ibanez superstrats count here too)
-LP
-SG

Then there are things like the:
ES-335
Flying V

Etc...

These BC Riches are just a marketing thing for metal guitarists who like the idea of "being metal" more than having an actual nice guitar. (And yes, I realize there are wierdly shaped guitars that are actually good...this just goes for BCR's.)
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
what the ****, yea these guitars look cool and have neckthru but they use Nato as a wood they sound like pure muffled asshole, the pickups are worse than Epiphone LP Specials all they do is look good if theyd start using real mahogoney again theyd maybe turn a profit, bearnie rico would roll over in his grave if he saw the BC Rich of today
yeh, agathis does suck for body but someone said basswood was crap but doesnt satch use basswood on his Js Series??

I have previously owned a Bcrich and it sucked ass! It was top heavy, sounded like balls when clean, action was sh it and when i lowered it it was even worse! Sounded good distorted though ill give it that.
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
i played a bc rich warlock a few weeks ago and i was totally convinced it was made from plastic
I'm still not convinced.

I'd take an LTD over a BC any day.

Though Mockingbirds do look cool.
Quote by Danno13
I'm still not convinced.

I'd take an LTD over a BC any day.

Though Mockingbirds do look cool.

Danno, why are you imitating power freak?
Well obviously their not going to be the best guitars on the market, I'm just saying they're PLAYABLE now. And it's true, I do hate alot of their shapes, but guitars like the Mockingbird and Zombie I think are pretty sick.
Dickless.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Most people are bashing Bich for no reason, they're just pissed because they payed $200 for a Bronze Series and thoght it would be a real, "Metal Master."

Seconded.

The market is flooded with these pieces of crap because kids see them and think it will instantly make then "Teh Met4l M4$t3r$" and buy them like crazy. Their ONLY redeeming feature is their nice necks with low action. Otherwise, they're garbage.

Quote by kaplac
No matter how innovative their neck isntallation is is the joint isnt' tight it's not going to do anything but give you some better fret access.

A pup isntallation sounds like a bitch to do with that kind of neck joint now. And maple and ebony? maple is realyl bright with a good sustain, ebony is hard and kills sustain, wow great

There is so much ignorance in those 2 brief paragraphs that I don't even know where to begin...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by edwardthegreat5

agree