hea in a fresh guitarest and i need to know some thing! i need to know about 1/2 step tuneing. i know drop d tuneing but some songs ive recently been look ing at have said right at the top tune down half step .I NEED HELPWHAT IS HALF STEP TUNEING ANDHOW DO I DO IT!!! if u know let me know !!
tuen all your strings down half a step, so one half note down,

so, tune E to Eb (E flat, or D#), A to Ab (A flat, or G#) and so on,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by punjistkjustice
hea in a fresh guitarest and i need to know some thing! i need to know about 1/2 step tuneing. i know drop d tuneing but some songs ive recently been look ing at have said right at the top tune down half step .I NEED HELPWHAT IS HALF STEP TUNEING ANDHOW DO I DO IT!!! if u know let me know !!

It means you tune all your strings a half step down from standard. So, from lowest to highest, your strings should be tuned to: Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb.
It can be a bit confusing at first with all the music rules. Drop D is actually a lower tuning than Eb (because of the D being another half step down from Eb (or D#) but Eb (D#) standard actually has more strings lowered than Drop D. And if you drop the Eb to a Db (also known as C#), you now have a new, low sounding Drop C# tuning (ala new System of a Down, 10 Years, A Perfect Circle, Alice In Chains, etc).

Standard E flat tuning (Standard D#) is:

Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

which can also be shown as

D# G# C# F# A# D#

While Drop Db (Drop C#) is:

Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

which can also be shown as

C# G# C# F# A# D#

Sorry, I don't explain it very well, but it's all true.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jun 1, 2006,
what i do to make sure that it is tuned properly down half a step is while in standard tuning play the first fret on the D string (4th string) then play the open E (6th string) that will give you the octave and you pretty much tune down till they sound the same. If your a begginer i recomend you jus use a tunner.
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----