I'm so heated right now , I just drop my acoustic guitar, it friggen splintered! what the hell it cracked in several different places, my guitar now has an echo kind of sound to it, is there any way to repair this kinda problem I really don't wanna wait till tommorow to find out, ahh I'm so mad I dunno what to say.
There should be a certain type of wood glue that you place over the cracks to seal them up. Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure one of the UG'ers more experienced with dealing with cracks will be able to offer more insight
My God, it's full of stars!
man, you think thats bad....i had a crack in my cello. not cheap.
ive had problems with acoustic guitars before...i was able to fix it well enough (the neck was seperating from teh body) but i do a decent amount of woodwork as it is. if oyu dont, well, try a pro
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
yah I'm bringing it in shop I'm worried they won't be able to fix it, I haven't been able to play it for a while this really got me heated I'm still not even calm, ahh just worried, so you think they'll be able to fix it for me?
Quote by Dreadnought
There should be a certain type of wood glue that you place over the cracks to seal them up. Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure one of the UG'ers more experienced with dealing with cracks will be able to offer more insight

that's true. if you take it to a stringed instrument repairman he can put cleats in it and glue it back and even redo the finish around it... depending on how bad the cracks are it might be able to repaired to the point that you'd never even know it happened. pictures?
i really can't send a picure don't have the digital here at the moment, but it looks kind of like the pattern in the wood, just cracks down the finish and the wood, I'm hoping if they do repair it... I won't notice it or it'll sound as good how much would that cost? I'm freakin out still
the cost depends all on the person and the damage... i'd say you're looking at between 60-200 though... 60 being small repairs and 200 being ALOT of work needed