i think your talkin about pinch harmonics, roughly and bare bones, u hold the pick on an angle and use the (well i use) edge of ur thumb to sound the harmonic after you hit the string, easiest was to to them is with a down stroke, im sure there is a less on the site, just look up pinch harmonic or artifical harmonic
Those are artificial/ pinch harmonics. They can be difficult to get down, but they sound cool as hell when you do them right. First, you need a lot of distortion and/or gain. Then hold the pick so your thumb juts out just slightly. Fret a note like you normally do, and then pluck the string. Your thumb should just touch the string lightly as you pull off, and you should hear a squealing sort of sound. If you don't, pluck a different position on the string, until you find a "sweet spot". Just takes practice!
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. ~Voltaire
yeah... do all of the things these guys said, but practice ALOT, you probably won't get any sound the first couple of tries. It may take a while...
Quote by SG_for_me
yeah... do all of the things these guys said, but practice ALOT, you probably won't get any sound the first couple of tries. It may take a while...

Took me about a good 2 weeks until I pulled one off (by accident lmao). Ya, pinch harmonics take a lot of patience when you first start off. It didn't help me any cuz I was trying to learn P.H.'s when I first started off with guitar, stupid idea I know.
pinch harmonics are what got me into playing guitar!!!!...well not really but i love them to death. Im a huge Zakk Wylde fan and i my absolute favorite thing to do is Chug away and hit those all so sweet Pinch harmonics.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Quote by Destructo
First, you need a lot of distortion and/or gain.

Errm, u dont have to have distortion to do pinch harmonics, but it does help
it would also help to use the bridge pickup imo
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
Erm...touch harmonics make it go WAAGAGHAGAGAGAHHHHh like in Slipknot like this WAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHhHHHHh....

Like this...

You strum the strings with alot of distortion and gain on the amp...
You can't use this technique on open...
Anyway...
You hit the strings with alot of distortion and gain on the amp...
Then you lightly tap the strings with the outside of the edge of your thumb on your right/left hand (depending if righty or lefty)
Then immediatly after doing this you bend all the strings that you are holding...

Voila, you now know how to go WAAAAAGAGGGGGGGHHHHHHh like slipknot