I'm looking into American Strats, I was wondering if they can do metal and heavier rock
Well, they aren't really suited for metal but they are the most versatile guitars ever. (IMO)
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
u can pull it off, cause maiden does, ull need to change the bride pickup to duncan hotrails which are humbuckers that fit into single coil slots
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
I would get a fat strat, if you are looking for anything that can do heavy stuff. the single coils don't work as well for distortion. I have a mexican fat strat, and it works very well.

If you have the option, buy one with a fixed bridge. the tremolo really pisses me off.
ummm i've heard TELE's pull of metal , hey man I know maiden guys have used 'em. With some mods it'll be a bad ass metal guitar.
Quote by Agent_00Funk
Id put duncan hotrails to, it would be like having 3 full size humbers in a strat

now tha'll be an obese strat
Quote by Necronomicon
sorry but thats funny.... a strat doing metal....

Jim Root uses a Telecaster in Slipknot. You can hear it during "Duality." Oh yeah, before I get flamed, I should call them Nu-Metal to be safe from all the 'metal' fans.
See though, shelling out $1000 on an American Strat and then having to mod it to fit your needs doesn't make much sense to me. When you pay that much money for a guitar, it should be exactly what you want right out of the box.

American HSS Strat you say? That would work, except that they offer very limited finish options. Black and Silver are boring and Butterscotch looks like a$$ in real life. (despite looking amazing in the photos)

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

doofs, when I'm not lazy and have some time I'll record some stuff. it will be METAL

fat strat
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Your BEST option:

MIM Fat Strat.

MIM are more bang for the buck than MIA.

Buy a MIM, and get better hardware (pups, tuners, etc.), and it will be comparable to a MIA, but you'll still have a lot of money left.
Id like to ask a question concerning a strat. Will i be able to pull off some lead parts from bands such as metallica,megadeth,dream theater etc using a strat ? Cause a strat isnt a metal known guitar such as ibanez or jackson i just wanna know if ill be doing a right decision in buying one. P.s id also like to play blues and some old rock on strat
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
not even with a change of pickups?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Strats, I have heard, are very versatile, but it wouldnt be able to do metal unless you change the pickups for some that Ibanez uses. Also you have to take into count that the wood in Strats are not designed to play metal, so overall you may not get a good sound.

As for Teles, well they look like crap and all they can do is play a sweet clean tone.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Would Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan work ? i would prefer goin for the strat cause it can give me an all round sound unlike an ibanez and jackson correct me if im wrong.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Quote by notoriousnumber

As for Teles, well they look like crap and all they can do is play a sweet clean tone.

Haven't you ever heard Led Zeppelin?
Quote by Agent_00Funk
Id put duncan hotrails to, it would be like having 3 full size humbers in a strat

hotrails sound like really hot singles.

threadstarter can get a HSS american deluxe. would work fine.

also his amp makes a huge difference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011