hi I was just wondering if i could sitck a sticker on my guitar and would be in any effect on the sound? not sure of what wood my guitar is mdae of but its a schecter gryphon.

-thanks in advance. just wanna costumize by guitar =V
I would NOT put a sticker on my guitar at all especially on a schecter.......but i really doubt itll affect the tone.
we must become the change we want to see.
sure? has anyone tried it before? wouldnt it be a some sort of a disturbance to the sustain?
My friend's old guitar was completely covered in stickers. Sounded great.
Quote by newbie-me
sure? has anyone tried it before? wouldnt it be a some sort of a disturbance to the sustain?

The sustain? No. By what means did you come to that conclusion?

I have sticker on the back of the neck on my Epi V near the headstock. The sound hasn't changed a bit. My bass has a couple stickers on it. My first strat copy has plenty of stickers on it. It's tone hasn't changed a bit (much to my dismay..)

Stickers aren't going to affect the tone.
They can, however, make your guitar ugly.
Spiral Out
It would not affect the sound, but I beg you not to do it.. makes the guitar look so cheap..
Just a tip, if you want to remove the sticker, use a lighter fluid to clean the access.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
effect your tone? where do you plan on putting it?
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
Correction:

Quote by Ignite
First lets ask a question. How is it possible for a sticker to affect the tone of a guitar?

It's not. It won't.

But if it's a nice finish, why ruin it? Stickers do not look good on guitars.
please............no............stickers...............................emo b*tch!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
if you own a hard gig case, instead of just a standard gig bad, you could stick it on that. there's nothing wrong with sticking a sticker on the guitar, depending on the guitar, and the typ of adhesive on the sticker, but if you stick it there, and then try to take it off there will probably leave a nasty residue.
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Ok, first, lets sit and think quietly about how stupid your question was.

Now that we have that little tidbit out of the way, why the hell would you want ot put a sticker on your guitar? I know that you want to make it "your own," but can't you just get a nice strap or something?
Like another person said, if in the future you want the sticker off (which you will), it will leave a residue that won't come off. Then you're guitar looks like sh*t.

If you really need to "customize" your guitar that much, do it. But I can guarantee you one thing; you WILL regret putting a sticker on your guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I see no problem with putting stickers on your guitars billie joe does it "that didnt help my poistion any" lol but flea has one on his bass and I c no problem with it thats just me
^If you notice, Bille Joe only has stickers on one guitar (and it's replicas). He got the original when he was ten...and as we all know, many ten year olds go through a "I have to put stickers on everything!!!" phase.

The replicas are made to look like it, so they have the same stickers.

All of his expensive guitars are sticker free.

As for Flea, he's kind of a...spaz. And it's only one sticker.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
really, would you really put a sticker on a guitar? thats like putting whiteout all over your face.

or it may just be me, i treat my guitars like my children.
Quote by Xenn99
Ok, first, lets sit and think quietly about how stupid your question was.

Now that we have that little tidbit out of the way, why the hell would you want ot put a sticker on your guitar? I know that you want to make it "your own," but can't you just get a nice strap or something?
Like another person said, if in the future you want the sticker off (which you will), it will leave a residue that won't come off. Then you're guitar looks like sh*t.

If you really need to "customize" your guitar that much, do it. But I can guarantee you one thing; you WILL regret putting a sticker on your guitar.

It will not leave a residue if you use Goo Gone.

btw

More than 1 sticker.
haha
wont effect the tone, but please dont do it.....
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I highly doubt it, but why ruin a perfectly beautiful guitar with stickers? I'd suggest you place the sticker on your car. I use to put stickers on my guitar and believe me I really regret it, it just didn't look like a proud guitar anymore.
yeah definitely DO NOT put stickers on your guitar. Not only does it make it look cheap, but they don't come off very easy at all and if you ever wanna sell it in the long run the value goes way down.
Flea's new bass only has one sticker on it-The Fender one that he uses. I believe there were only two of them made. One being his. And he put a sticker on it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar