I'm thinking of buying either the C1-Elite or the C1-Plus, but I've only been able to play the Elite. I was leaning towards the Plus, however, just because it has inlays all down the fretboard and has 2 tone knobs instead of just 1. Other than that, however, everything seems to be the same, even though the Elite costs $80 more. So, my question is, does gold hardware and Quilted Maple really make that much of a difference in price? And is there a noticeable sound difference between the guitars, or are they both basically the same?

Also, are there any other guitars I may want to look into buying at or around the same price? The features I'm looking for is a guitar that's got decent sounding bass, with good cleans, a coil tap, a three-way switch (As opposed to that 5-way crap), and a hard tail of some sort.
I guess its just cosmetics.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Coil tap changes a humbucker into a single coil.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
what amp do you have? what genre of music you aiming to get?

gold hardware is just for cosmetics while with a quilted top you usually get a brighter sound.
The Elite is more expensive because of the binding also.

I would get the Elite in white because it looks damn sexy .

(Almost as sexy as the S-1 Elite in Grey Mist ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I play mostly classic and modern rock. I'm also trying to figure out how to play jazz and blues. I don't really listen to or play anything heavy, so again, I really just need a guitar with good cleans that sounds decent distorted, and I just happen to have a preference for a deeper sound.

My amp is a POS. It's a cheap Fender Frontman, but not like a 15G. It's just a frontman. Basically, it sucks. I'm planning to upgrade to a Vox AD15VT (I think that's what it's called?), but I still want to upgrade my guitar first. I know the biggest tonal difference comes from the amp upgrade, but I'd still rather own something better than the Kramer Focus VT111S that I have at the moment.