I'm gonna be replacing the pickups to my epiphone Les Paul (made of alder and mahogany/maple wood) with some new pickups from Guitarfetish.com and I can't really decide which pair of pickups would sound best for the music I play (rock/punk). I don't care what the pickups look like really as long as they sound good playing clean and mildly distorted. I'd really appreciate some helpful advice, thanks
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
wow, I'm a dumbass for not posting in the electric forum, where people actually post advice
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

God bless you, dude
Quote by bassmo_part2

This is the right forum. Don't expect an uber quick response, in here you have a few select people that post consistently good information, unfortunatly they're not online all the time. Patience my friend

And also, think about it. Few people on here have tried GFS pickups. On here you won't get a bunch of n00bish replies like "zomg th0se r gud!!!" Over there you'll just get a ton of n00bs talking about stuff they know nothing about.

Anyways, the PAF is a really standard rock pickup...most of these pickups are just copies of other pickups, like the "Vintage '59" is just a copy of a Seymour Duncan '59. Try looking up the counterparts to find out what might be good...

I know Steph Bets has one, you could try PM her.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.