I bought a used Fender 70s Strat neck pickup and put it on my Ibanez. It works but at a very low volume. I assumed that the wires go black to volume and white to switch like the old one.
it only has the two wires, so im not sure. but maybe its somehow out of phase with the other two pickups.
that causes lower volumes.

and yeah the black is ground and white is hot.

what type of ibanez? what type of switch? and other pickups are in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If that single coil is vs. ur humbucker then yeah, humbuckers are generally louder. Do you have HSH pickup config? Try raising it higher if possible, but not too high.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If it's a H-S-H config, you're not going to be able to get balanced volume with a regular single coil, especially a vintage one which are made to have reduced output to begin with (magnets lose their strength over time, etc.). But yeah, try switching the wires around like Jenny said, although if it is a H-S-H, polarity of the mid position shouldn't matter.
Hi, I'm Peter
dude, if ur always high, how do u think so clear in the morning?^

yeah, do what he said first.

edit: for madpick. and crap DIRk! thats twice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Umm... there's a certain time for highness and normalness?.....
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jj1565
dude, if ur always high, how do u think so clear in the morning?^

yeah, do what he said first.

edit: for madpick. and crap DIRk! thats twice.

Brainwave.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ibanez GRG170DX. Switch is a 5-way. Positions 2 3 4 were all VERY quiet. I put the old pup back. Maybe they will work on my Eko strat.