Page 1 of 3
i recently aquired an epiphone g-1275 doubleneck, now ive got slight plans for it. i had finnished my pink floyd lp not too long ago and it was a lot of fun customising it. if you havent seen it check it out by clicking this link:
my pink floyd les paul custom

ok fo as we all know (or should know) epiphone pickups suck. so on the 6 string im going to do my favorote combonation, seymour duncan JB in the bridge jazz in the neck. i kind of want this guitar to look clean, no extra holes or anything. so im going to do the bridge coil tap to the tone pot (like my lp) and then instead of adding a switch for coil tap on the neck, ill use a push pull. so ill pretty much have both coil taps in one knob. now for the 12.... i dont know what pickups to use. i kind of want to mix it up, maybe sd pearly gates? or.. i dunno ill figure it out later. or you all could help me out here. no coil taps for the 12. i cant think of how to make a 12 with single coils sound good so ill stick with permanet humbuckers. i could always add them later.

i want new locking machine heads but i think the vintage tulip machines are the best kind, for looks anyways, but the epiphone ones look so fake and it looks like they would glow inthe dark. i think i might just get better ones of the same style.

debating butting a bigsby on the 6 string?? dont think it will look good. but i love bigsbys.

taking off those ugly speed knobs, replacing with tophats with chrome plate, like sgs normally have.

straplocks (duh)

ok, so i have a pink floyd themed guitar, so i have to paint this one. i think this will suit the guitar beyond belif. its what made the guitar famous in the first place i belive.

now, the led zeppelin letters are not going on the back. if you have the led zeppelin 4 album, you can see at the bottom left corner there is this castle and a path and stuff, i plan on fitting that on it. the 4 symbols at the bottom are going on the middle pickguard (maybe). so now imgoing to have this huge miral on the back of my enourmus guitar. im going to have the lyrics as seen on poster hand painted in gold.

i will soon take before pictures and then get started. if only i didnt spend ALL my money on the guitar. i have to wait for next payday to get started.
What would be cool is if you used magic and turned it into a guitar/bass double neck
so here are the before pics pretty much, i dont know what to write so ill just... post the pics.

this is... my cut and past.. its gonna be painted

there are your pics!. any suggestion for the pickups on the 12?
what kind of sound to you want out of your 12? clean i assume, dimarzio virtual vintage bridge,
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
pacman-man,youve got some good musical taste my friend,
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
dam thats going to be nice
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
befre i get too far and all of you think im a crazy painter. my brother mutated_riff is going to be painting the back. right now im makig wall hangers. im having a really hard time because i have plaster walls so i gotta scre right into the studs... also.. the 12 neck is thicker than the 6 and they have to be at different heights. then i have to find the studs in my wall without a stud finder.
you better not screw that thing up man, i will actually cry i think lol. how much did that set you back, did u get it new?
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
true! **** man thats pretty darn good, how much is a Gibson one of those worth? or shouldnt i ask lol. does the fact that u have 2 necks get annoying and heavy? just a general quesiton
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Thats teh next guitar on my list

Meets my criteria perfect. Ive got a twelve string acoustic and want an electric one and id love an SG. Awesome guitar. Must sustain forever with all that wood.

Anyway just curois are the controls as follows;

3 way pup selectors on each neck ( bridge,both,neck
3 selector ( 12 string, both necks, 6 string )

Then a master tone and volume for each neck?
cool, but i never knew why you use a dubble neck guitar? can soebody explain?
As you could have guessed, Im pretty interested in this thread. It's not often you get a double neck being customised on here.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^so you switch between 6 and 12 strings
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
ok big reply to everyone. two necks, kind of akward to play, for the first couple of days but its easy to get used to. gibsons are worht up to $4000 new. you are exactly right. the thing sustains forever cause its got so much mass. it weighs 15lbs. the controls are just like a les paul. the 3 way at rthe back is neck selector. each of the other ones are pickup selectors. and the knobs are for each pickup. same as a les paul. doublenecks are used because 12 strings are sweet. and sometimes you just want the sound of a six as well
Ebay!
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I think it's brighter than 500k. can't remeber though.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I'm pretty sure the 250 will make the tone much brighter. I dunno, experiment would be my advice, if it wasn't such a damn fine guitar!
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
generally, IIRC. the lower the ohm value of any given part in the signal path, the more highs your going to get.
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
your gunna **** with that finish? ballsy. your brother does some of the nicest builds on this site, so I trust you. It'll be extremely sexy when its done. how are you going to get those graphics on?

btw, a double neck guitar is made so that you can play a song live that has 12 string and 6 string riffs in it without switching guitars in the middle of the song
quick question.
with the led zep theme job.
what happens when you relize that theyre not the greatest band ever?
and no longer want to look at that.
well i dont think led zep is the greatest band in the first place and by the time im sick of looking at it ill be able to afford a gibson doubleneck and i paint somehting else on that. its not like im getting a tatto of it.
What better could go on a double neck than led zep .
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
seriously^,jimmy page is probaly the reason why gibson didnt stop selling that guitar,and why epi started
Quote by Chikitty_China
I read that Jimmy Page was the reason the re-introduced the guitar or something of that sort.

Anyhoo, lookin forward to seeing the finished result
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
i think led zeplin would be about the only band i would theme a double neck les paul after........you know, just a hunch, but i think thats what most people associate with zep
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Page 1 of 3