Okee doke, I have got my Dean Flying V here and I basically took all the screws off and plopped everything aside, now that that is done, I need some answers to a few (hopefully simple) queries

1. How do I get these out? It's part of the string-thru bridge, and it seems pretty stuck in there.

2. Can I fit a LP toggle instead of this?

3. Right, this may be a problem or not but - is it? (Fretboard jutting out and the higher than the body) Though I may just buy a new neck, but that leads to what sort of neck which I haven't got any idea how to make sure I buy a right one.

Much help appreciated. Expect this project to run when I get off exams (12 exams to go, out of 21)
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by IndieLee
Okee doke, I have got my Dean Flying V here and I basically took all the screws off and plopped everything aside, now that that is done, I need some answers to a few (hopefully simple) queries

1. How do I get these out? It's part of the string-thru bridge, and it seems pretty stuck in there.

2. Can I fit a LP toggle instead of this?

3. Right, this may be a problem or not but - is it? (Fretboard jutting out and the higher than the body) Though I may just buy a new neck, but that leads to what sort of neck which I haven't got any idea how to make sure I buy a right one.

[

Much help appreciated. Expect this project to run when I get off exams (12 exams to go, out of 21)

1. Heat them up with a soldering iron, then screw in a bolt with a matching thread. Screw it into the bushing until you hit the bottom, then keep turning it. The bushing will be drawn up the bolt, and out of the body.

2. Not sure, maybe.

3. Thats not a problem.
Don't you notice horrible fretbuzz due to the strings hitting those few higher frets? If not; there's no problem.
Quote by dave293
1. Heat them up with a soldering iron, then screw in a bolt with a matching thread. Screw it into the bushing until you hit the bottom, then keep turning it. The bushing will be drawn up the bolt, and out of the body.

Thanks a lot I just got it out of the body.
Quote by mr_hankey
Don't you notice horrible fretbuzz due to the strings hitting those few higher frets? If not; there's no problem.

Nope, no fret buzz.

Also, anyone know the dimensions of the LP switch so I could check myself?
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Quote by Kanthras
Last edited by IndieLee at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by The Toad Licker
how much wat that?? and cool i like deans so wat are you going to do to it???

Peace Out

£200, Baby V

Re-paint, pickups, and the fretboard is a little dinged so I may just have to buy a new neck (more problems...) and just clean the whole thing out cause it's a messed up lil fella, would like to see it shiny new on my wall.

Also, can I take the string-thru parts out? Or would it be easier covering them up? (when painting it)
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Quote by Kanthras
Last edited by IndieLee at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by The Toad Licker
probably cover them just put blue tack or maybe get some things from a hole punch and stick them there

or just do the regular masking tape treat
slashnmash, I wanna know how you did that radioactive sign on your Ibanez, please.

Did you just wask it all, draw the stencil on, cut off the excess masking and then resprayed? Did you use one layer of masking tape?
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Quote by Kanthras
Quote by IndieLee
slashnmash, I wanna know how you did that radioactive sign on your Ibanez, please.

Did you just wask it all, draw the stencil on, cut off the excess masking and then resprayed? Did you use one layer of masking tape?

I sprayed the layer of green first
Covered the front in masking tape, using a stencil drew the biohazard, then cut the outside masking tape using a sharp knife so that when i sprayed it black the masking tape would hide the green. So that peeling away the tape would reveal the green is still there.

TIP: I would recmend cutting out the masking tape on an old magazine then sticking it on the guitar, so you get perfectly smooth edges and no scratches. Check out the earlier pages in the thread for pics.