Hey, im most likely buying an ibanez SZ520QM in the near future, and i was wondering about which pickups to get? I play a broad variety of music, spanning from blues to metal, and need good pickups for all these genres. So what should i get? So far i've been thinking about a gibson 496r and a 500t, but im very open for suggestions
seymour duncan jb/59
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
I've used Seymour Duncan Screaming Demons in the bridge position for years and can't fault 'em for anything from blues to thrash and speed. Am thinking of putting an EMG 81 and 85 in my ESP though.
My Gear:-
-Epiphone Les Paul Cherry Sunburst (modded)
-Jackson DK2 Amber Sunburst (modded)
-ESP KH-202
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall MG412A 4x12
-Digitech GNX3
-Jim Dunlop Wah
Check out the harmony central website for reviews. I find that quite useful/helpful when looking at new gear
My Gear:-
-Epiphone Les Paul Cherry Sunburst (modded)
-Jackson DK2 Amber Sunburst (modded)
-ESP KH-202
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall MG412A 4x12
-Digitech GNX3
-Jim Dunlop Wah
My budget is about 300 dollars. And also, if you could recommend me a set for my epiphone that does outstanding classic rock?
if you have 300 dollars i'd look into some of the boutique pickups- lollar, bareknuckle, sd (not duncans), wolfetones, wcr, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm, okay, maybe i'll go for the bareknuckles then, i've heard great things about them. Which ones should i get if so?
i'd look into all of those, to see if any do one you're after.

if you decide on BK's, they have their own forum- i suggest you head over there to ask. or even email them. offhand, i'd say nailbombs, but i'd see what they say.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd look into all of those, to see if any do one you're after.

if you decide on BK's, they have their own forum- i suggest you head over there to ask. or even email them. offhand, i'd say nailbombs, but i'd see what they say.

i heard that the nailbomb sounds just like a modded jb
I've listened around to some emerald clips, and i absolutely loved em. The nailbombs were mostly recorded with heavy gain, and this lead me to wonder if they're not more gain-oriented? But then again, there's not so much emerald clips, which leads me to wonder about their versatility