SUMMARY:

Liam Gallagher has been acclaimed as the 90s and early 21st century's John Lennon. However, I must say that I am perturbed by this. Isn't it Noel Gallagher (his older brother) that is the genius behind Oasis?

OVERVIEW:

Liam Gallagher has been acclaimed as the 90s and early 21st century's John Lennon. However, I must say that I am perturbed by this. Isn't it Noel Gallagher (his older brother) that is the genius behind Oasis?

Here is my view on this matter.

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 1

Well let's start it from the beggining. Originally, Oasis began as a four-piece band, by the name of "The Rain". The band comprised of Paul "Guigsy" McGuigan (bass guitar), Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs (guitar), Tony McCarroll (drums) and Chris Hutton (vocals). Liam Gallagher was quickly invited to the band, and was the person that changed the band name to Oasis. Liam also took over as lead vocals. Next came Noel, who quickly insisted that he would be the sole songwriter and leader of the band. The band members accepted this. It was a good job really, since Noel went on to lead them to victory.

Although Liam got an early punch in, I think it was Noel that landed the first round knockdown. Noel is still the main songwriter and guitarist for the band.

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 2

With the release of their debut album "Definitely Maybe", Liam started to get a bit mouthy, much to the annoyance of Noel. With their first US tour underway, Noel stormed off the stage and temporarily quit the band after a far-from-perfect gig in LA. After Oasis' manager tracked him down, Noel was talked into re-joining the band.

It seems that Liam had drawn first blood. A quick jab to the eye sends Noel reeling...but he is easily able to bounce back.

======================

From then on, Oasis' inevitable rise to be one of the UK's biggest band went smoothly. With the release of their second album "(What's the story) morning glory?" and alleged rivalry with fellow Brit-Rock bands Blur, Oasis didn't show any signs of fractures between the group members.

That is...until August of 1996, when Noel flew home without the band, just days after they had departed for the US. It seemed that something had disturbed him. Liam perhaps? Who knows...what is certain is that it did not get better!

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 3

In 1999, Noel demanded that Liam should overcome his alcohol addiction. This did not go down well with Liam, as he does not like criticism from anyone...especially his brother. This hindered the production of the fourth album, much to everyones annoyance.

With a dirty low-blow, Noel has embarrassed Liam. I wonder what he'll do about that?!

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 4

In 2000, whilst on tour in Barcelona, Liam and Noel had a lot of things to drunk, and subsequently, a lot of bad things were sad. Namely, Liam questioned the legitimacy of Noel's young daughter, Anais. Needless to say, Noel stormed off, and flew to his villa in Ibiza. He later announced that he had quit touring.

Liam head-butts Noel in the first round, a very dirty thing to do indeed. It seems like the clumination of this epic bout is near. Who will win???

LIAM VS. NOEL: FINAL ROUND

The Summer of 2000 saw Liam and Noel settle their on-going feud at Wembley Stadium. Liam began to gesture towards Noel in a *ahem* rude fashion. Noel then called Liam a t*** and c***. To which, Liam replied by grabbing Noel's guitar and strumming it a couple of times.

Everyone thought it was over. However, Liam walked over to the mic and said: "I'm not going till you are".

Well...that was it. Nothing else could be said, and so the Gallaghers did the best they could to keep the band going. It seems that they have succeeded!

And...it's a truce!

But going back to the aforementioned question: Who is the real genius, Liam or Noel?

Well, after looking at the evidence, I must say Noel. However, I will let you judge for yourself.
ty...

and if you didn't getit: it explains what happened between the Gallaghers as they progressed.
I agree with you on the whole Noel thing,and I also love the format.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Why do you need a summary and overview? They are the same, word for word.

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 1

Let's start it from the beginning. Originally, Oasis began as a four-piece band, by the name of "The Rain." The band was comprised of Paul "Guigsy" McGuigan (bass guitar), Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs (guitar), Tony McCarroll (drums) and Chris Hutton (vocals).

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 3

In 1999, Noel demanded that Liam should overcome his alcohol addiction. This did not go down well with Liam, as he does not like criticism from anyone, especially his brother. This hindered the production of the fourth album, much to everyone's annoyance.

With a dirty low blow, Noel has embarrassed Liam. I wonder what he'll do about that?!

LIAM VS. NOEL: ROUND 4

In 2000, whilst on tour in Barcelona, Liam and Noel drank frequently, and subsequently, a lot of bad things were said. Namely, Liam questioned the legitimacy of Noel's young daughter, Anais. Needless to say, Noel stormed off, and flew to his villa in Ibiza. He later announced that he had quit touring.

Liam headbutts Noel in the first round, a very dirty thing to do indeed. It seems like the culmination of this epic bout is near. Who will win???

LIAM VS. NOEL: FINAL ROUND

The summer of 2000 saw Liam and Noel settle their on-going feud at Wembley Stadium. Liam began to gesture towards Noel in an *ahem* rude fashion. Noel then called Liam a t*** and c***. Liam replied by grabbing Noel's guitar and strumming it a couple of times.

Everyone thought it was over. However, Liam walked over to the mic and said: "I'm not going till you are".

That was it. Nothing else could be said, and so the Gallaghers did the best they could to keep the band going. It seems that they have succeeded!

What do you mean that was it? Suddenly their conflict was resolved?

And...it's a truce!

But going back to the aforementioned question: Who is the real genius, Liam or Noel?

Well, after looking at the evidence, I must say Noel. However, I will let you judge for yourself.

Your "boxing" theme comes off as cheesy, and your article needs a bit of expansion as far as details are concerned.

-SD
I put an overview and summary on their because when you submit articles, there's a little summary box. The summary goes on that box, and the overview goes in the large dialogue box.

and whats wrong with the first paragraph?

I'd leave it as: Oasis was originally a four-piece band...
Liam Gallagher has been acclaimed as the 90s and early 21st century's John Lennon.

WHo has actually said this? he can sing but he is no lennon neither is noel so just delete any reference to them being anywhere near as good as lennon.
Why is a nirvana fan writing an in-depth 'article' on the fighting Gallaghers? Usually Nirvana fans hate Oasis, considering Noel joked on a documentary, saying that his birthday was the same day Kurt Cobain shot himself

And Noel is the genius mate. Up until now (when Liam started writing songs regularly) he was just a drunken buffoon who became a rock star because his brother wrote all these brilliant songs for him.
#1 member of the Oasis fan club. PM me to join
oasis247: so what...now i'm not allowed to have a broad likeliness of music because i like nirvana? Yeah right. People can like whoever they want to.

And I also said that Noel was the genius of the two.