title says it all, I want that nice clean strat sound (clapton, sambora,...) but I also want a raw, old, agressive blues sound (SRV, Buddy Guy,...)

btw It's a (heavily) modded squier and I play trough a Roland Cube 30 and a Line 6 Toneport UX2
x2, although your amp has a lot to do with it, too. I don't think a Cube can do convincing blues, but that's just me.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
x2, although your amp has a lot to do with it, too. I don't think a Cube can do convincing blues, but that's just me.

yes it can , the Black Panel setting is great

and what about tex mex pickups, are they similar to the texas special???
No. Tex Mex pickups are overwound to give you the SRV sig model sound. Tex Mex pickups are kind of...blah. And plug your guitar into a Fender Blues Jr. and tell me what you think
Hi, I'm Peter
Not for someone in Belgium. I thought of them, too, but looked at his location

Btw, I'd capitalize the ANYTHING and not the BLOWS. To wit:

sdpickups BLOWS anything from Fender out of the water

sdpickups blows ANYTHING from Fender out of the water
Hi, I'm Peter
^^^ Even more pointless. At least some part of my post added to the discussion. You're just trolling.
Hi, I'm Peter
^Cut it out guys.
Rawr. Just flexing my newly found mod muscles.

And IMO, the Tex Mex pickups give a really nice tone in the neck, it sounds very Hendrixy with gain, and sparkly on clean.

That's only on my tube amp though, they don't interact that well with my Cube.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Texas special. I love sound of them in the neck postion, i have them in my strat they give nice cleans. I'm not a fan of them in the bridge postion though.
^Interesting...
So are the Texas Specials brighter than the Tex Mex's? I've tried a Special in the bridge, but that's it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^Interesting...
So are the Texas Specials brighter than the Tex Mex's? I've tried a Special in the bridge, but that's it.

I've never played a guitar with tex mex's, so i don't know how they compare to the texas specials.
I don't like them in the bridge as i feel they are too bright and abit harsh, not a fan. But in the neck they're great for cleans, slighty overdriven blues and a bit of classic rock. This is on a strat with swamp ash body and a 1-peice maple neck.
i agree with the texas specials if not those try lace sensors, buddy uses gold...also i would do the eric johnson mod and rewire the tone controls to the neck and brdige that way your strat would be more versatile
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Last edited by eXor at Jun 3, 2006,
HI
I live in Denmark, and i'm ordering my 3. set of pickups from sdpickups.
I think it is the best you can do.