I just bought this pretty nice looking ibanez, the headstock says RG and on the back it says RG2 EX 2, and a serial number, it also says "Made in indonesia" I havnt found anything to do with my guitar online and im starting to worry that I might have one of the fake ones. I didnt buy this from ebay, i got it from my local "Guitar Center" so i figured you cant go wrong from a place like that. Thanks for looking, and Ill post some pictures up soon.
i'm sure its a real one. unless somehwere between the indonesian factory and your local guitar center someone payed whoever was shipping it to switch them and gain a profit.

but thats most likely not the case lol
Yeah thats what I figrued too, but I cant find ANYTHING about this guitar, not a single other guitar like it. Either that makes mine fake or really special. Even if it was so bad they had a recall (which i doubt cuz it plays beautifly) I would be able to find at least one website saying something about it.
go on ibanez.com and go on the jap website

only they have the ex models but as you demonstrate theyre getting over to america
Thanks for reading
It's real. The bass player in my band has an EX series Ibanez 5-string bass, also made in Indonesia. I don't think Ibanez make those EX series guitars anymore. Sorry, there's nothing special or extra-great about it. It's one of the lower end models, althoguh a good one.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Jun 2, 2006,
yeah i didnt think there was anything extra-special about it, i was just getting worried at how i couldnt find anything, even on the ibanez website, about this guitar. if they make a guitar (thats this pretty) they should advertise.
ibanez constantly gets rid of information about their old guitars on their website. Dont use it as a reference.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
ibanez constantly gets rid of information about their old guitars on their website. Dont use it as a reference.

Yeh hes right, my Artcore is no longer on their site becasue theres an upgraded version of it
Yeah funkys probably right, I aslo have an SA that is no longer on that site. Idk why, it is also beautiful. the guitars they have on there are boring as hell.
It is a nice guitar, that's for sure. I like the black binding aroudn the body.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
ain't nothin fancy. It is a guitar center special. they are made for GC
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
Wow.....I call foul upon you.
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."