What do you guys think about the Epiphone Dot and Roland Cube 30. I'm not a distortion lover but will use it from time to time. I like the softer music like some blues, Jimi Hendrix, Chili Peppers, Bedouin Soundclash. Thoughts?
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
the dot is a great guitar... the cube is a great amp.

its got this setting, british combo
it gives you a great hendrix tone.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.
One Love

Yeah i'd go with with a Roland Cube 30 or a Vox AD30VT (preferably the cube). And if you were willing to spend 300, go with the Epiphone Vintage SG G400. They look a little more professional in my opinion partly because they have trapezoidal inlays instead of dot. Dot inlays remind me of cheper made guitars. By the way i have both Vinatge SG and Roland Cube 30, they're great - go for them.
And a Dot and SG are two completely different guitars. That's like recommending an Ibanez solid body to someone who wants a Rickenbacker 330. And the Cube doesn't do vintage tones as convincingly as the Vox, and both of them pale in comparison to a Blues Jr. or the Peavey Classic 30.
Hi, I'm Peter
What are the price ranges for all these amps that you guys listed.
One Love

The Cube 30 is $225 (USD) and the Vox 30 is $240.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.