I've been looking around for an electric guitar for awhile, but I'm a novie when it comes to electric. My acoustic is a Fender and I love it a lot, but is Fender a good choice for an electric Stratacaster? PLease help!!
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
What kinds of music do you like to play?
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. ~Voltaire
depends on what kind of sound and feel you are looking for. Fender Strats are great if you are looking for that sound. Just test a bunch of different brands out at the store. I recomend an Ibanez Rg its pretty versatile and even if you decide you want say a les paul or somethin later on it will make a great 2nd guitar.
Mate, you should read the sticky about posting here, no way near enough info.

But yes, Strats are good, but dont get a Squier, they are not worth it.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
OK, apparently I haven't left enough information, sorry. Thanks everybody for waht you've said so far. The facts:
*Willing to spend the upwards of 1000 bucks (not including the amp)
*also plan on buying an amp
*play rock/pop/hawiaan/jazz-blues
can't think of much else info needed...
thanks for your help
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Fender Standard Strat. It's only $350-$400, so then you have a good $600 left for a NICE amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I would go to a few music stores in your area and play as many electric guitar and amp combinations posible over a period of about 2 weeks or so every chance you get. Make sure the guitars are in perfect tune before judging them. Keep in mind the strings on most guitars in the music stores are played out. Also the intonation and action are questionable at times, although most guitars in your price range would probably be adjusted fine.