Page 1 of 8
Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot of posts asking about what software is free and can be used so I decided to make a list. As I discover more programs they will be added to the list. Enjoy!

*= free limited demo
**= requires a paid license

Completely Free software

Mac & PC

Mac exclusive

PC exclusive

Linux Compatible -free software

Websites to upload your riffs to

In due, time I will add a brief list features of each program, as well as the pros/cons.
Last edited by Crazy Drummer69 at Sep 28, 2008,
add kristal to completely free
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3
My Kit:

Encore Precision Bass
Cort Artisan A4 Bass

Kustom KBA10
Laney RB5 Richter Bass Amp Combo

Zoom B2 Bass Pedal
20ft Lead x 2
Wireless Headphones

Quote by Noremorse96
i almost got my neighbour put in jail when i told them i petted his cack (penis slang)
Yea this was a great idea
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Anvil Studio is another free one, there is a version where u pay (for 8 tracks) but there is also a free version.
cool list,one thing though

propellerhead reason i believe is a sampler not a recording program or "sequencer" (i could be wrong though,i've never used it but i dont think you ca record in it)
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
did you do stuff with midi or did you record through an audio signal
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Can we get this stickied?
This should be stickied for sure!
Great one!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I agree!
Quote by Chikitty_China
Not sure where I should post this but I guess a dumb question but its a question. Anyways, on a amp theres an input for the chord from the guitar to the amp, duh. But yeah, is there a drive that your able to buy that can be put into a computer so that the chord from the guitar run into the computer for better recording quality from a guitar? Just a question if not, what are the best quality sounding ways to get the sound from the amp recorded onto the computer.
An audio interface would be a nice solution, but I suggest u start ur own thread, I dont know if they'll want to discuss this in here...
sticky?
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
soon hopefully!
hey does anyone know of any sites that you can download free plug ins for cubase for example A Compression Plug in

Also...

Some examples of multitrack wave editors are:

* Pro Tools
* Saw Pro
* Cool Edit Pro

Some examples of sequencers are:

* Cubase
* Cakewalk
* Sonar
* Logic
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Stuck for now, but I really need to get around to cleaning the stickies in here - there's too many.
No. Go to the 1st page of this topic and you'll find a list of website where you can upload your music for free.
Yes it got stickied!
thx dude
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
I downloaded Audacity and it works great, i like it a lot.
When i click "export to mp3" it tells me it doesnt export mp3s directly, but instead uses LAME mp3 encoder to handle encoding.
it says i need to get lame_enc.dll seperatly, ive looked on sourceforge.net but they had no listings, then i looked up LAME MP3 ENCODER and it came up with a match and i downloaded it, only thing is it tells me i need ANOTHER program just to have it... i guess like winzip or something.
here is what i downloaded

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=290&package_id=309&release_id=374388

can someone help me out herE?
Quote by Raven
I downloaded Audacity and it works great, i like it a lot.
When i click "export to mp3" it tells me it doesnt export mp3s directly, but instead uses LAME mp3 encoder to handle encoding.
it says i need to get lame_enc.dll seperatly, ive looked on sourceforge.net but they had no listings, then i looked up LAME MP3 ENCODER and it came up with a match and i downloaded it, only thing is it tells me i need ANOTHER program just to have it... i guess like winzip or something.
here is what i downloaded

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=290&package_id=309&release_id=374388

can someone help me out herE?

Thats wierd man, I dont understand y they would ask u to download yet another program for LAME....
Is there a program for PC just like GarageBand(Mac) because I dont want to buy a Mac just for that program(but I may result to it).
Gear:
Custom Dean Avalanche
Fender Squire Stratocaster
Squire 22 W Amp.
Line 6 Spider II 112 75 W
out of that list on 1st page wat wood neone say wood b the best??? maybe from ease of use or quality whichever can u help me please cos i dont want to download something not worth it and plus i dont want anything that cood lead to damaging my computer

thanx
you shouls put cool edit pro 2.1 under the pating ones, one of the greatest recording programs ever
Cubase

And doesn't Reason not allow mic inputs?
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Quote by crzyfrk
you shouls put cool edit pro 2.1 under the pating ones, one of the greatest recording programs ever

Cool Edit got bought out by Adobe, it's now known as Adobe Audition.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!