Poll: Which guitar should i get for the mentioned genres?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should i get for the mentioned genres?
Ibanez SZ520QM
10 29%
Scechter C-1 Classic
20 59%
Neither, they're both crap!
4 12%
Voters: 34.
Getting a new guitar, either a ibanez SZ520QM, or a scechter c-1 classic. I want a guitar that can handle blues, classic rock, modern rock, grunge, hard rock and metal really well. Which one should i get? Thanks.
I've never played an Ibanez, but I've liked (not loved) the Schecters I've played.
Hi, I'm Peter
Okay, thanks, seems like most of you thinks the c-1 is better. I'll look into what price i can get for it then
I got a schecter Hellraiser with an Official Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85, Mahogany Body and Neck for $800 with a hardshell case. It is beautiful. I think schecter is a hgighly underrated brand ESPECIALLY with price, they are very cheap for their quality and features. They area ll set up at their custom shop in california so there are ready to be played, they are beautiful guitars. EASY upper fret acces with the set neck so they are well worth it. Plus too many people have ibanez's.
Yeah, from what I know, Ibanezs are better suited to a wider range of hard rock to metal. So go for the other one mate.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I'd say whichever one you like the feel of better. they're both pretty similar in terms of spec.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^The thing is, i can't get my hands on a scechter to try out, coz they're not imported in my country, so i'd have to buy one unplayed from ebay. But i think the scechter looks better than the ibanez, so if they're pretty much the same build quality and hardware quality, i'd rather go with the scecther, since im swapping pups anyway
^ yeah, i thought they were similar quality. but the nut width and fret size is different, and that's personal preference as to which you prefer. the ibanez has a wider nut and smaller frets.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarforever<3
^The thing is, i can't get my hands on a scechter to try out, coz they're not imported in my country, so i'd have to buy one unplayed from ebay. But i think the scechter looks better than the ibanez, so if they're pretty much the same build quality and hardware quality, i'd rather go with the scecther, since im swapping pups anyway

wtf is a "scecther" they don't make those buddy...haha

schecter <---

tough descion but get the "scecther" bc they rock
hellz yea, i love my c1 classic, hell i love al lof my schecters i own....,they are the best guitars ive ever played, if you would like to hear them, check out the band called avenged sevenfold. they only use schecters....they are definately a great investment, will last you a lifetime as well....most schecters are made out of mahogony, best sounding wood for metal, rock and i think blues, the pups in the classic are great for blues, great buy man!

ibanez' usually are built out of basswood, unless its the jem then i think those are alder
^ the ibanez sz's are mahogany, just like the schecters.

and there's nothing wrong with basswood.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Well, the tone comes mostly from the amp though, besides, i don't like ax7 too much. The reason im getting the schecter or ibanez and not a strat is bc i've yet to encounter a MiM strat that i like the playability of. Also, the schecter and ibanez looks better
I say Ibanez the neck are about identical but the C1 Classic looks like it would be at home in Waylon Jennings hands on the Country Music Channel whereas the Ibanez could pull off a country, blues, jazz, or rock look.

Just some good ole boys
never meanin no harm
been in trouble with the law
since the day they was born.......

^^excuse me I was playing my C1 Classic again
Go with the C-1 Classic, you won't regret it. It's extremely versatile and I simply can't praise it enough. It stays in tune great, sounds great clean and with distortion, neck through, nice neck. My only complaint on mine is the pots are weird, they work but are kinda weird. Go for the Schecter.
I have nothing to put in here.