Poll: Which guitar imiatates SLASH's tone closest?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar imiatates SLASH's tone closest?
Yamaha 112J
0 0%
Samick Greg Bennet Avion AV3
9 31%
Fender Squier Showmaster HSS
7 24%
Other
13 45%
Voters: 29.
I have done some research and narrowed down to these models.

I want SLASH's tone. And these are the guitars I have narrowed down to:

Yamaha 112 J
Samick Greg Bennet Avion AV3(http://www.samickguitar.com/av3.html)
Fender Squier Showmaster HSS

U can suggest another guitar if u think its closer to SLASH.

Please help.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
Last edited by invincibleneo at Jun 2, 2006,
uhhh, les paul.....that is what slash played
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
He got alot of his sound from his amp, NOT his guitar. He had a Les Paul. For some period of time he used a modded JCM (not too sure)
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
the guitar has only a little bit to do with tone if you want slash's tone your going to need a Marshall Jubliee and even that is heavily modifed

and he plays les pauls so none of those guitars are going to help
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
well i think the best way to go if you want slash's tone would be the "slash" les paul.. his custom model which is the exact guitar he records with.
^look at the possible guitars he gave us...you think he can afford a Gibson Slash LP?

Maybe you could look at some Epiphones, and (I never thought I'd say this) some Agiles...
People I got a bidget here which is $300. Thats why I cant buy those fancy things!

Also check this link for Samick since its not known to everyone

http://www.samickguitar.com/av3.html
Quote by hendo123456789
Im gonna be buyin a VOX AD15VT or Roalnd Micro Cube.
Quote by hendo123456789
well from the looks of those youre not buyin expensive stuff so i would suggest an epiphone les paul. they have sme that are around 350-500 that arent bad. but if you can afford to get something expensive, and for some reason youre just picking cheap stuff, i would go ahead and try for a gibson les paul.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Actually the prob is in my city I dont get a lot of companies. Gibson isnt here at all!! At all! Few epiphone acoustics are there. I don mind buying them, but they arnt available here.

Can any site or shop ship it to India?
Quote by hendo123456789
based on the slash tones, i'd say the samick, since you pretty much need a neck humbucker. But i haven't tried it at all, so it may suck.

yamaha aes620/420 would be worth a look too, if you can afford it. I haven't tried it, but all the yamahas i've tried have been excellent.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the samick from those 3 ive played a few and they play great for a budget axe and are all mahogany with maple cap for Agile prices. Its closest to Slash (Les Paul) and imo is a great choice for a first guitar alot better than a Squier or low end agathis wood LTD.
[COLOR=Red]Hey if any body is on can they tell me how to get a pic!!!!!
Last edited by Davey is my man at Jun 2, 2006,
Surprisingly, that Samick Avion is a pretty sweet guitar for the money. You get a ****load of guitar for not a whole lotta money. The pickups are a bit weak, but certainly no worse than any of those other guitars. But of all those, I think it's the most solidly and well built.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Davey is my man
Does any one know how to get a pic i am new and i dont know what to do!!!!
right click over pic select properties copy address (URL), click the yellow mountain pics in the reply window then paste that URL address into it when the window pops up (after you click the yellow mountains icon)
Quote by Vandaliztik
the guitar has only a little bit to do with tone if you want slash's tone your going to need a Marshall Jubliee and even that is heavily modifed

and he plays les pauls so none of those guitars are going to help

You just contradicted yourself.
Slash's tone would be hard to get with a strat, because:
Strat=Alder
LP=Mohogany

Strat=Light
LP=Beefy etc.
I suggest an Agile Les Paul and an AD15VT.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jun 2, 2006,
@CustomCustom Between Yamaha and Samick what wud u suggest?
Quote by hendo123456789
samick for sure, people say thier Yamahas are nice but they never end up keeping them, a guitar like the Samick mahogany with set-neck is going to be a quality instrument with timeless appeal
You hav tried the AV3, right?
Quote by hendo123456789
An Agile LP-2500 or higher model (www.rondomusic.net) with a Vox AD15VT..An Agile LP-2000 if you can't afford the 2500..I own both Agiles and Samicks...both are excellent if not the best no-name brands..Nelsonic was really good also until they got the big lawsuit. Not sure about their new stuff..But between the Agile LP and Samick LP copies I own..I'd go for the Agile one...and switch out the pickups later cause that affects the tone a lot. However, you should upgrade the amp 1st because that's the main thing that determines your tone.
blank