Page 1 of 2
What are your pet peeves about a guitar? I have 3. 1 is bolt on headstock, I can't stand them, and uncovered humbuckers (Just looks sloppy). I'ts whats stopped me from getting an ibanez for so long. Another small one I ahve is fret design. I can't stand seeing a beautiful guitar with simple dots, I expect vine designs and gibson style frets.
Dickless.
The curve on Strat pickguards bothers me.

As do floating, non-locking trems

And the word "by" in a brand name. That's just tacky.
1.Les Pauls are too hard to play after the 15th fret, especially with my girly hands.

2.Epiphone should stop cutting the corners off their headstocks. They'd have a beautiful looking guitar if they stopped.

3.Gibson needs to stop making pink and cozmo-purple Les Pauls, it's disgraceful.

4.Don't touch my guitar. Ever.

Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I'd say mine is people touching my guitar too. I can't stand it.
and i dont like sunburst colored guitars, or the fenders with the marble pickguards..i dont know why..i just dont like multi colored guitars.
the input, it constantly comes loose
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by dontcutmeoutXX
I'd say mine is people touching my guitar too. I can't stand it.
and i dont like sunburst colored guitars, or the fenders with the marble pickguards..i dont know why..i just dont like multi colored guitars.

i agree with the marble pickguards... they are horrible
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
I have a couple...

1. People that pick up my guitar and play songs using a different tab
2. Touching my guitar
3. Fenders (Suck Monkey Testicles IMO)
4. Dusty Headstock
5. Input Jacks Falling out

Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
1 people tuching my gibson
2. people breaking strings
3. feed back when not wanted
4. poser emo kids playing guitar
5. lespauls dont have 24 fretts
6. getting a floating bridge to sit peralelle with the body
7. all those cheep strat nockoffs
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
1. floating trems are annoying to me...even though my guitar has one

2. epiphone headstocks

3. when i look at other guitars and realize that someone did a wackass job on the frets on mine
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
1. Fenders (they just suck big donkey balls)
2. Breaking a string
3. Tortoise pickguards (how do you find that to look good on any guitar?)
4. All single coil guitar (stratocaster) Also I despise teles
5. Non-locking floating tremolos
6. Big dings (dents)
7. The twangy sound of new strings
8. Feedback
9. Fret buzz
10. Beautiful guitars with simple dot inlays
11. People touching my guitar
12. Posers playing guitar
13. A less than 22 fret guitar.
Last edited by bc666 at Jun 2, 2006,
posers playing guitar
fret buzz
the bright, twangy sound of new strings
anything on my guitar
jumbo frets
sticky necks
string thru/TOM bridges
BC Rich's
high action
having one covered HB and one non-covered one
strats with black pickguards
EVH paint jobs
most Flying V's
Single coils are nice, but only if accompanied by two humbuckers
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by Teleprompters

Understandably......

I really dont like jumbo frets, although I want an Ibanez so Ill have to takle that, also I really hate the shape of Fenders, theyre just so bleedin curvy and unnecessary.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
-People who have their action really high...the other guitarists in our school band do, it's really annoying.
-People who never tune...again, the other guitarists in our school band never tune so they always sound even shittier than they are.
-BC Riches.
-People who use way too much distortion.

Edit:
Oh, and people who never change their strings. Once again, that applies to the guitarists in our school band.
Last edited by Holy Magenta at Jun 2, 2006,
- Dot inlays. I despise them to the point that I wont even consider buying a guitar that has them. I like my inlays to be extremely elaborate, or non-existent.

- EMG pickups. They have no tone...at all, just power, which is useless by itself.

- Jackson style headstocks, the ones that curve to an obscene degree.

- Floyd Rose. After trying Ibanez' new ZR Tremolo, i'll never touch a piece of **** Floyd again.
1. People who touch my guitar
2. Guitars with dirty and old strings
3. Guitars with the action to high
4. Feedback and fret buzz
5. Nice guitars with simple dot inlays
6. Les Pauls from brands other than Gibson
7. Scratches and dings in my guitar (There are none but if there ever was, I would be pissed!)
8. Workers at guitar stores who follow you with the guitar you are trying, and sit down with you when you try it on an amp. (The guitars are always out of tune, and they sometimes expect me to play something amazing with an out of tune guitar that I dont feel like tuning)
9. Out of tune guitars in stores
10. Guitars selling for way over there store list price and their factory list price.
11. Showoffs at guitar stores. (Not the guys who go in and sit at a fender and play some nice blues, but the guys who just blast the Marshall half stacks and play crappy music to try to get people to come watch them)
when the trem goes outta' tune after one divebomb
the fact i dont have a floyd on any of my guitars
practicing and feeling like im not getting any better
glossed necks that slow down my playing (that means YOU les paul)

EDIT: i forgot bad upper fret access (you know who you are *points to crowd of guitars*)
Last edited by im_hungry at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by Teleprompters

LMAO i'm gonna sig that if theres enough room lol.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yaarrghhh, dents and dings are ok if its a $300-400 guitar, but if it is a Shecter Hellraiser...I'm One Pissed Off Mother****er!!!
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
1. People thinking jaguars are for surf/grunge
2. Non 24 fret Ibanez's
3. Lack of a good nut
4. Lack of a good bridge
5. Lack of satin neck
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
1-people touching my guitar that i dont like
2-tuning
3-unlocking floating trems(all the work without the locking part...)
4-facny finishes
5-care of and instrumnet(all these sprays)
6-price of certain instruments
7-Gibson Firebirds
8-Those Maestro tremolo units
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
i hate ibanez rg's i don't know why
i hate strat copys(les pual copies are fine)
and i hate people who wanna start a band with me but suck huge stuff
One Percent
Quote by Pedricko
1. People thinking jaguars are for surf/grunge
2. Non 24 fret Ibanez's
3. Lack of a good nut
4. Lack of a good bridge
5. Lack of satin neck

I personally suffer from problem number 3.

but seriously bad switches (ie: my cheap jackson), guitars with too much finish... done to hide imperfections. guitars that stick to my skin because it's so humid pisses me off, too.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
-people touching my guitar without my permission
-people telling me i am playing something wrong when it is well known to be right
-the slant on the single coil strat pickup
-non-guitar players telling me how to improve my playing
-people who say guitar players only play to pick up girls
-Straight black paintjobs. Ugly and boring.
-Guitars that look they were formed by someone taking an axe to a normal guitar
-the little practice amps that come with starter packs
-the girl who was playing greenday on her out of tune strat knockoff on her cheap, ****ty little practice amp WITH THE VOLUME TURNED WAY UP at my school today. I wanted to cut off her fingers and shove them down her throat.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
epiphone head stocks dont like em and ibanez guitar serial numbers or whatever they are like a RGT42DXFMTLF hell i cant remeber that i had to look it or 7 string guitars not a big fan of them or re stringing a guitar i can do it fine but seems like a chore and my last pet peeves is when i worked so hard learning a song go to play it then forget it and only been a month after learning it case in poin Do you feel like we do by peter frampton took me a while i learned it then forgot it oh well
Quote by campbell92
I do hate it though, when I trip and a guy pulls his pants down at the same time and his penis goes inside my mouth.
I have three main ones;

#1. STRINGS LEFT LONG. I hate when people leave the strings long at the tuner. It just looks like a half-assed restringing.

#2. FEEDBACK. I hate guitar feedback. I stop playing a song with high gain and volume and SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Damn that's annoying.

#3. Tacky guitar straps. You know...those psychadelicly bright ones, or the picture ones...or those ass ugly tire tread ones. Anything like that. What happened to nice leather guitar straps?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I have three main ones;

#1. STRINGS LEFT LONG. I hate when people leave the strings long at the tuner. It just looks like a half-assed restringing.

#2. FEEDBACK. I hate guitar feedback. I stop playing a song with high gain and volume and SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Damn that's annoying.

#3. Tacky guitar straps. You know...those psychadelicly bright ones, or the picture ones...or those ass ugly tire tread ones. Anything like that. What happened to nice leather guitar straps?

PETA happened to nice leather guitar straps.
-the way LP bodies slip from under my arm
-****e pickups
-****e trems
-that dont stay in tune

other gear related peeves:
-noisey pedals
-batteries
-noisy patch cables
-****e cables

that is all
my strat doesn't have 24 frets like I need for songs I wanna learn.

My strat isn't a beautiful blue schecter 7-string with mother of pearl inlays on the frets. (sounds amazing too!)

it keeps on getting random dents I don't know about (darned little siblings...)

people that play around with my guitar that can't play at all (literally)

when my strings go out of tune after one big divebomb

the person who had my guitar before me screwed up on the holes where you screw down the pick guard. That means I can't get a different pick guard unless I really want to damage my guitar.

when I first got it, a lot of parts were installed wrong or homemade. The nut didn't fit right, the tuners were loose, ^the pick guard problem, etc.

when at guitar stores, the guitars are either out of tune, or tuned to something other than standard E.

at guitar stores the employees practically line up to ask if there's anything they can do for me. Nice, but repetitive.

people at guitar stores that turn up the amps and shred a metal solo extremely messy for the sake of attention

I don't have a humbucker or two

flying v's - I can't stand guitars that I can't play properly sitting down.

too much feedback

those pink purposely girly guitars. ENOUGH WITH THE HELLO KITTY, THE FLOWERS, AND THE PINK SUNBURSTS!!! Guitars don't need to be made for girls!! They're awesome as they are! (no that wasn't sexist I'm a girl)
Rich kids whose parents buy them PRS Customs, which are played for about a week, and then thrown into the closet.

Metalhead posers that buy B.C. Riches because they think it'll make them more hXc, and act like they pwn everyone, but they actually suck.
^I completely agree with both of those statements.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by 0utlawT0rn
I have a couple...

1. People that pick up my guitar and play songs using a different tab
2. Touching my guitar
3. Fenders (Suck Monkey Testicles IMO)
4. Dusty Headstock
5. Input Jacks Falling out

People that call output jacks input jacks.
1. Gibson due to its overpriced-ness.
2. The fact that Gibson doesn't have a neck thru Les Paul (which would kick ass.)
3. People who bash on a guitar brand for no reason.
4. Jackson King V's because I hate Kerry King.
5. People messing with the amp tones after they're done playing by setting everything to 10 at guitar center
6. Missing strings on a guitar.
7. Painted necks.
8. High gloss necks.
9. Little kids who pick up guitars by the strings. 'Tsk 'Tsk
10. Ten is better than nine so this is ten.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I hate guitars that intead of having headstocks have the tuners at the complete opposite end. BLAH!! looks horrible!
Page 1 of 2