i was wondering if this is a good price to pay for a new Mesa F-30

$1195 Canadian or
$1,085.47 USD.

how much do you think i could get off the list price?
I would also be bringing in my line 6 spider II which is a year old and looks brand new for a trade in also. how much should i get for that? or with that included in the price for the new amp, how much should i be paying for it?
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
(1) Yes.

(2) Not much. Boogies sell themselves. You're probably not going to move them much trying to dicker.

(3) Depends on which Spider 2 it is. You could get, at most a couple hundred, but if it's the lower powered one, not too much. You generally lose money on trade-ins to retail places because they'll turn around and sell it at a profit.
Hi, I'm Peter
Its a spider II 30W.
so you don't think i could get any discount at all or do you think i could maybe get like a hundred dollars off?
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
I WANT AN F-30!
ive been after one for ages now...best deal here is £799 new...so thats a good deal bud

and yes, IIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMM BACCCK!
You might be able to get a couple hundred off the list, if you're persistent enough....I got my Nomad for $500 even though they sell for $1000.
Chances are about 10/11
that you <b> CAN'T </b> get a NEW Mesa's price lowered by haggling..
If you are shopping at any large chain (like guitar center) they basically HAVE to sell the amp for a certain price....
I was talking to the guy at guitar center (he's awesome, not like most employees) and he was saying how he can't lower the price at all
due to technicallities..

(its like buying a bose stereo system, you arent going to be able to lower the price)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ok thx but does anyone know what kind of price i should be looking for when i trade in my line 6 spider II 30W?
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Quote by Refixer
I have a friend who is one of the top customers at the guitar center in Houston, (mexican_shred) and he has gotten a lot of great deals there. Just be persistent and try to be serious, don't ask for something ridiculous, but you should be able to get them down a bit.
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
do you think i could ask for $1000 CAD or do you think thats too much
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Quote by Refixer
go for it, seems like a reasonable price to start at.

When are you planning on going in to buy?
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
Really depends on your store. With mesa, they technically have to sell at the price given to them. That's how mesa is....one price everywhere. My store held to the rule firmly when I bought my recto, so don't expect them to drop it.

For a 30 watt spider....not much at all.....$70? They only sell for $200 new.
Quote by norwegian_moose

When are you planning on going in to buy?

some time this month maybe

Quote by ibanez4life SZ!

LoL. too bad, i realy liked that amp (not)

Ok gyz thx a bunch for all your help and hopefully i'll get the Mesa F-30 soon
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Quote by Refixer
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Really depends on your store. With mesa, they technically have to sell at the price given to them. That's how mesa is....one price everywhere. My store held to the rule firmly when I bought my recto, so don't expect them to drop it.

My guy said he basicly take off the tax when i get my recto