hey is it ok to mix diff. gauge strings, like if i wanted to put 11s on EAD and then put something like 8s on GBE. Would this cause any problems?
probably

it might make your neck twist because the strings different pressures that they take when in tune
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
it mite twist your neck a bit cos it wont ave been set up for that. also it will make alternate picking and sweeping harder to do.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
why don't you just get hybrid slinkies??
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Don't they have odd sets like that which you can buy, bottom heavies or something?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
thats what i use now is hybrids but I still dont like the slinkiness of the bottom strings but its cool. I was just curious. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by Inertiaaa
Don't they have odd sets like that which you can buy, bottom heavies or something?

thats what i said lol ernie ball hybrid slinkies
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
I think the 11 on the low E would just hang off your guitar.
Or did you mean string sets?
Like putting 8, 11, 14 but then 28, 38, 48. I see nothing wrong with that. Tension might be a little weird and it may but unlikely cause problems with truss rod. You can get top heavy gauges anyway.

Edit: I couldn't see it causing the neck to twist because it isn't that much of a jump, maybe 8's mixed with 13's, but just to be safe try 9s/11s or 8s/10s instead.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 2, 2006,
^ Wouldn't that just be having an unwound GBE? Light acoustic gauges are like that aren't they, but a bit sloppy to play on. Or are we talking Nylon mixed with Steel?
Acoustic strings are thicker and their hard to get a full bend out of them. Not nylon, i'm talkin like thick gauge copper wound EAD like most acoustic packs of strings and then the GBe from a set of like slinkys.