wel my band and i play in a Standard B tuning...yes its pretty low but its the sound for us

well..my guitar has a loss of tone when play that low

I've used thicker strings...not the problem

is doesnt have the same amount of distortion...and the mids dont punch through and the treble is to high when i drop the tuning

can it be my amp? am i out of the range of the freq. on the amp?
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Jun 3, 2006,
wow
INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds turnips or rutabagas, peeled and diced (about 4 medium turnips or 1 small rutabaga)
2/3 cup half-and-half or evaporated milk
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
no i think it more a matter of scale(distance between the bridge and the nut) and intonation of the bridge.

A Baritone Guitar is usally tuned to b standard. What makes a baritone unique is the fact the the neck/scale is longer. about 27". intonation helps as well. some time when you tune low. your tuner may regester the note as being in tune but it is acully alittle flat / sharp ect.

Now I have and Epiphone les paul that i tune low. i use thicker strings and i have it set up for C andit sounds pretty good but i would still like to get a baritone because of the longer scale.

My advice to you is to at least get you guitar set up for thicker strings and get you bridge intonated for use with lower tunings
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
nice avatar btw
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
uh you just said your guitar doesn't have a loss of tone when you play drop b....soo?? your problem?

turn the treble down if its too trebly? maybe? i dont know, it might not work?
turn the mid up? once again im not so sure?

EDIT: Be more clear next time you post, i honestly dont know what your asking cuz all you said is "you don't lose tone, is it the amp?"
well...theres more distortion in E standard. more saturated

liek when i de tune that low it sounds like a tube amp not cranked

Quote by machineslave
no i think it more a matter of scale(distance between the bridge and the nut) and intonation of the bridge.

A Baritone Guitar is usally tuned to b standard. What makes a baritone unique is the fact the the neck/scale is longer. about 27". intonation helps as well. some time when you tune low. your tuner may regester the note as being in tune but it is acully alittle flat / sharp ect.

Now I have and Epiphone les paul that i tune low. i use thicker strings and i have it set up for C andit sounds pretty good but i would still like to get a baritone because of the longer scale.

My advice to you is to at least get you guitar set up for thicker strings and get you bridge intonated for use with lower tunings

its not an intunation problem either.....its the actuall tone out of the amp

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
What pick ups are you using. I would suggest getting an EMG 81 for that low of tuning, to boost you gain. If not that, get an EQ pedal, or a preamp.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Well, the tone does change quite a bit depending on the tuning you use, which is why some metal bands tune lower, not only for the lower notes, but for the deeper 'timbre.'

I don't really know how to fix your problem, maybe get a baritone guitar, or new pickups.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
What kind of guitar, what kind of amp, what kind of pickups, what are your settings.
well im using my schecter blackjack with EMGs gain booster off (i have a SS right now)

a crate fxt120

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
you've lost a lot of clarity by using straight B tuning, basically the strings have a lower frequency at which to vibrate, which may be harder for your amp to switch to, i'd recomend investing in a baritone guitar, the extended scale would make your strings ring out better, you could even use a 7string if you wanted to go that way
ok i just wont tune that low...i dont want a baritone nor a 7 string so ill stick to C standard

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
to solve amp problems or whatever, get a bass amp, better for lows.and I'd go for a 7stringer, you can go high as well as keeping your low. and getting pedals that work for both guitar and bass(like weeping demon wah and Bf-3 flanger)