I want to get a new amp all i have now is a crappy 15w practice. i have between 150$-250$ to spend. i play an ibanez rg 2 ex 2.

i researched for awhile and i like the vox ad30vt. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

what i need to know is this a good sounding amp that i could do small gigs with if i ever decided to? or do i need something more powerful? is this a good deal or should i save my money and get somthing better?

any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
Last edited by bballkvn at Jun 2, 2006,
then that is the amp for you
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
i'd be hesitant... if those tubes aren't in the amp section then it makes no difference whatsoever. I suggest somehting more like a epiphone valve junior, do your research a bit more here.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
its a great amp
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
look, you buy that you'll like it, maybe even love it. But something in your head will always ask if you wish you'ld have just bought a all tube amp. No, you cannot get the variety of sounds this vox can get, but you will be able to get overdrive tone. I just suggest you play one alot more and compare it to cheap tube amps, figure out if this is EXACTLY what you want before you jump out there and buy one.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
Try the 50 watt. It has a better speaker in it.

Also, it makes an ok impression of overdrive, but it's not quite an orgasm in a box (though, its like... a friendly rub as opposed to blue balls like the rest of solid states leave you with)