i have a black les paul style pickgaurd and i'm gonna paint it black again then put white ceckers on it then a clear coat. if i try to sell it at gc will the price be worth more or less?
WAY less.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yaa, i say way less...more than likely, they probalby wont even pay you for it, unless you did some kick ass airbrush job on it, its totally worthless if you plan to put 5 dollars worth of tape, spraypaint, and clear coat. Question shoudl be, would you pay more money for it? most likely not, cuase you can do it yourself.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
^What?
ok,lemme explain. i currently have a epi les paul custom in alpine white. i took the black pickgaurd and am currently painting white checkers on it.

if i were to sell it shoul di sell it with the painted pickgaurd or pay 10 dollars for a regular black one?
pay 10 dollars for a regular one, most mods of that type tend to depreciate the value of your guitar.
Oh, I get it. You should replace it with a regular one.
Actually the replacement pickguard may bring the price down. When selling, you may be asked if everything is origional, and you don't wanna lie.

Buy the replacement pickguard and paint that, rather than the origional.
assuming that the replacement is (pretty much) the same exact looking gaurd as the original, who will know? I think it would be better than the painted one. Its better to say u put in a replacement than say u painted over the original
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join