I'm a beginning guitarist and looking to get a practice amp. I recently purchased a Roland Micro Cube... I think it sounds pretty good, but the "clean" amp models don't seem very loud (ie: the "acoustic" amp model). I have the volume cranked to max and it still isn't all that loud.

So now I'm wondering whether it might be a better investment to return the Micro Cube and get a Cube 30 instead. The Micro Cube seems like it'll work as a decent practice amp, but I worry that it might be something I'll "outgrow" rather quickly. Any thoughts/suggestions?
The Micro is great for portability, but if that's not an issue, then go with the 30.
The 30 should be loud enough to play over a drummer if he isn't using tree trunks at full force. I'd pick the 30, if you have the cash to spare... but the Micro is a great little amp for playing in a dorm room without upsetting the neighbors.
the micro is good for goin around the cube 60 is u rbest bet it shud last u longer
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
I'd say sell the Micro Cube, and get one of those Epi tube amps
I'm selling my Micro Cube for one of those Epi amps.
The Cube is a great amp for the price, it could use some more volume on clean settings though, I agree.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^And come to think of it, the Epi won't get loud clean tones either, the tubes will start distorting
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna have to think about this some more. Part of me also thinks that perhaps I can keep the micro cube for now, and then a year or so down the road when I'm more experienced and ready to upgrade, I can then splurge on an even better amp (perhaps a Cube 60 or something equivalent).

But then again, if the Cube 30 is good enough to last me for several years, then it might be a waste to even get the Micro Cube now.

But on the other hand, I'm a total beginner (so I doubt I'll be jamming with a band any time soon) and I live in an apartment, so I doubt I'll be able to crank the Cube 30 at all.

Ah, decisions decisions!