so im getting a schecter damien FR with a locking floyd rose trem so i was talkin to my friend thats a really good play and so he says let me give you some advice and not to get anytihng with a trem cuse they're a hassel i know that with a floyd rose if a string breaks the other strings will go out tune and other such things do you think i should get one i've never used one before but i know how to change strings on em and stuff but what are the pros and cons?
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Ive played a Damien, very generic sounding basswood guitar get the Floyd to spice it up a bit definately and change the EMG HZs despite what teh Laiho fans will tell you. Try Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge and Air Norton Neck
save up and get the hellraiser FR, that is what I have it was $800 with a hardshell case, the thing is a BEAST and it comes with an Original Floyd Rose not some licensed one, and no need for a pup change
Ive played a Damien, very generic sounding basswood guitar get the Floyd to spice it up a bit definately and change the EMG HZs despite what teh Laiho fans will tell you. Try Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge and Air Norton Neck

What do you mean....generic? I was thinking of buying the same guitar, could you explain?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
I wil repeat what I siad before, mine is also made of mahogany for the whole body.

save up and get the hellraiser FR, that is what I have it was $800 with a hardshell case, the thing is a BEAST and it comes with an Original Floyd Rose not some licensed one, and no need for a pup change
Quote by Member
I wil repeat what I siad before, mine is also made of mahogany for the whole body.

I just want to know about the Damien....I plan on buying one to fix up, and yes i know hellraisers are nice
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by ibanez_rocker
What do you mean....generic? I was thinking of buying the same guitar, could you explain?
It just sounded like a bunch of other Yamaha and Ibanez beginner guitars, nothing wrong with it but a Les Paul or Hellraiser it aint.
do you think its worth the $400 or should I save up :-/
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
It looks kinda cool and played well, good enough for your first guitar. You might save up and spend $800 then find out you dont like guitar or just become uninterested. BTW the store I played it in had the non trem for $299 and trem for $339. Gallucci Music in Scranton, PA
It looks kinda cool and played well, good enough for your first guitar. You might save up and spend $800 then find out you dont like guitar or just become uninterested. BTW the store I played it in had the non trem for $299 and trem for $339. Gallucci Music in Scranton, PA

I KNOW that im going to stick with guitar, and I'm seriously looking to upgrade from my Ibanez starter Kit, if not the Damien, which do you prefer (I am really liking Schecter at the moment, so you think I should go for the hellraiser?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Hellraiser is nice and like stated you wont need to upgrade pups or trem plus its all mahogany, Id get see thru quilted red, alot more impressive in person than the black HRs
thanks man
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
yeah right now i've been playin for about 10 month and have a washburn X10 so yeah the scheter is gonna be good and it look really good but yeah so what are the pros and cons of a FLOYD ROSE TREM opposed to a normal tune - o - matic bridge
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
i have the black and it is stunningly beautiful for a black guitar. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, save for the hellraiser, it is well worth the wait, they are eautiful looking, playing, and sounding uitars...plus the set neck hass AWESOME upper fret access