Okay I've had my beautiful Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and I love the EMG's to death, but for the clean....no. I have a VOX Valvetronix 50 watt so I canget any cleans I want out of that thing, but no matter houw low I turn the volume down on my EMG's (81/85) the will NOT clean up at all, the gain just thins up. Can some one tell my why, I don't hink I need a battery change, cause I just got it. I was lloking at putting in an EMG 60 in the neck position of my guitar to get good cleans, but I can't figure out why I can't get my emg's clean....

watch this video and tell me how kirk gets his 81's so clean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxP-b1Zzty4&search=nothing%20else%20matters%20metallica%20live
Thousands of dolors of equipment....
Honsetly half of it is probably tubes..
Your VOX is SS.. so turning the volume down wont do much.
Now if it were tube, you would be pushing the amp waaaay less, thus getting less clipping, and better cleans...

Thats my two cents (prolly not 100% correct)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Member
Okay I've had my beautiful Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and I love the EMG's to death, but for the clean....no. I have a VOX Valvetronix 50 watt so I canget any cleans I want out of that thing, but no matter houw low I turn the volume down on my EMG's (81/85) the will NOT clean up at all, the gain just thins up. Can some one tell my why, I don't hink I need a battery change, cause I just got it. I was lloking at putting in an EMG 60 in the neck position of my guitar to get good cleans, but I can't figure out why I can't get my emg's clean....

watch this video and tell me how kirk gets his 81's so clean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxP-b1Zzty4&search=nothing%20else%20matters%20metallica%20live

I beleive Kirk uses a specific amp for his cleans, such as a Fender Twin Reverb for example.

And yes, the 60 is regarded as having the best cleans of the EMG actives.
Quote by Member
my VOX has a 12ax7 or whatever tube in it

That just means its hybrid...
al-tube is quite different
the dg-20 set has the best cleans, with the expanders of course.

and also the best dirty sounds

in fact they are the best full stop!
Quote by Member
i know, I wish I could afford a dual rectifier, but Im only 15

Its all good dude.
the AD is still kick ass
but i got back from playing a Dual Rectifier
i must say
it was awesome
(im 14, i just gotta get straight a's and my dad will buy it... )
I had an 85 in the neck of a Les Paul Studio and couldnt get great cleans out of a good tube amp so I didnt use it for cleans.
Quote by Refixer
I beleive Kirk uses a specific amp for his cleans, such as a Fender Twin Reverb for example.

And yes, the 60 is regarded as having the best cleans of the EMG actives.

Mesa Tri-Axis for cleans, but yeah, all tube pre-amp. And again, the 60 does have the best cleans of all EMG's.
Quote by Gman400
my instrincts tell me big boobs=more estrogen=more bitc* or big boobs=more silicone=less woman=more slut=great sex=genital warts

It's MySpace
BTW, for ANYONE who wants to talk about EMG cleans...

listen for yourself

ESP Truckster (81/60) > Recorded straight with a Line6 PODXT
haha
Last edited by MetalUpTheAss at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
BTW, for ANYONE who wants to talk about EMG cleans...

listen for yourself

ESP Truckster (81/60) > Recorded straight with a Line6 PODXT

Dude i have a PodXT... you can turn on "PAD" for actives and it basically cuts the signal..
his amp cant
I get great cleans out of my bridge 81 in my SG, and I have a Valvetronix. I usually use the Boutique CL or Black 2x12 model, set the gain low, turn the volume up (it's really quiet at low-gain settings), cut the bass a bit, and add a touch of chorus and reverb, and the cleans sound brilliant.
NEVERMIND

My teenage wisdom has brought me to the point where I checked the cord to see if it was plugged into my guitar correctly, it wasn't in all the way, but it was and has been for the last week partially plugged in and upon further investigation I plugged it in all the way and th ecleans are fine
Thank god that was the problem... I am fixing to get a guitar with EMG's and I have a AD120VT... if I found out the cleans are horrible, that would suck pretty bad.
Quote by Member
NEVERMIND

My teenage wisdom has brought me to the point where I checked the cord to see if it was plugged into my guitar correctly, it wasn't in all the way, but it was and has been for the last week partially plugged in and upon further investigation I plugged it in all the way and th ecleans are fine

Don't keep it plugged in, because it drains the battery.
Quote by XiXora
Whats this PAD thing you talk on the podxt?

Right by the Input it says "norm/PAD"
switch it to pad
and it basically "cuts" your signal down.
so you dont get constant distortion...
Its great for guitars with Emg's or pickups like the Dimarzio X2N