I just bought the Agile AL-3000!
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000prestthincsbf.html

what should i expect?
Did you have to take it to a shop to get "fine" tuned, or was it good from the start?
Did you have to replace the strings, or were the ones it came with ok?
What about Pick-ups? I'm mainly looking for a Solid RHCP tone, but i also enjoy my metal every now, and then I'm looking for a Slipknot-ish, Nu-Metal.
Any thing esle?

thanks in advance!
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
post a review when you get it especially of the neck. Have you played an original Ibanez Wizard or Prestige wizard neck? supposedly this slim neck is 1mm thinner at the 1st fret and only 1mm thicker by the 12th. I cant decide wether to try the Agile or keep saving for something like an neck thru mahogany RG for alot more $. Id go with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck with a coil tapper on the tone pot for the Jazz.

says GHS strings put on at factory I only use GHS Boomers so Id say dont change strings.
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by CustomCustom
post a review when you get it especially of the neck. Have you played an original Ibanez Wizard or Prestige wizard neck? supposedly this slim neck is 1mm thinner at the 1st fret and only 1mm thicker by the 12th. I cant decide wether to try the Agile or keep saving for something like an neck thru mahogany RG for alot more $. Id go with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck with a coil tapper on the tone pot for the Jazz.

says GHS strings put on at factory I only use GHS Boomers so Id say dont change strings.

will do i also plan on taking a few pictures.
i haven't played the wizard neck, but i was gonna go to Guitar center this weekend, and buy some pedals, and i'll see if they hav some i can test.
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
I have yet to take mine to a shop...it came out of the box with a pretty good set up...I'd recommend replacing the strings, only because I don't really like any factory strings. As far as pickups go, they should be fine for what you play...at least good enough to not have to replace them right away.

When the guitar comes make sure you inspect it closely. The first time I got mine it had some damage so I had to send it back. Second time it was pretty much perfect. I think you'll be happy with the guitar. I love mine
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
I received a "never needed a damn thing" AL-2000 from Rondo. I was going to bring it in to my local "Guy" who for $75 does a fantastic fret dressing, set-up, new strings of your choice, etc but the damn thing is so sweet I can't see the extra expense (nor can I bear the thought of her in a cold dank-assed guitar shop for a day or 2). I put new strings on it but it took 6 days to get em' on cause I couldn't NOT PLAY IT when I picked it up... Hope you love your 3000 cause I love my 2000 (actually owned a few Gibson LP's in my younger days until an addiction to stainless steel started a 3 year pawn shop frenzy) and keep her on display - the Black w/Gold gets me light headed! A 3000 will be my next purchase (or perhaps that White AS-820 hollow body... or perhaps that friggin' Flyin' V... or perhaps...)

Rondo Music Rulz in my eyes... a low cost copy that's a fine-assed instrument and affordable too - RONDO RULZ..
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jun 2, 2006,