I was told to look at the Schecter for a possible first electric quitar buy, and I ador them. My only question is, why are they so inexpensive. From what I've seen is a range from $449-$949. If they are cheap in money, are the cheap in quality?
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
schecter guitars are not poor quality!
their actually pretty good, i like em and ive been playing for 8 years, not shecters for 8 years, just guitars in general
for my first guitar i had a bc rich BRONZE warlock, and yes they suck! the playability is horrid.
for a first guitar a schecter would be great, or try looking at some of the ibanez gios, those are good too.
so yea, all in all schecters are good guitars
good luck
They're cheaper because Schecter isn't as well known as, say, Gibson. Gibson charges a lot of money for the name on the headstock. Schecter doesn't have as much notoriety, so they can't charge for the name. They make good guitars, but can't send prices through the roof because of the name on the headstock.

I haven't heard a single comment about bad Schecter quality.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
thanks. I wasn't trying to say anything bad about them, everything I've ever heard is good. I was just curios. I'm definetly looking into one more seriously now
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
They are Excellent guitars! I have 2 also!!
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I love schecters! They're not well known enough to be expensive, but great quality. Nice looks too. They play really well, nice tone, 24 frets or more, overall awesome guitars.

If only I knew more about schecters when I was buying my first guitar. I found it online for 250. It was a really nice 7 string! I could have taken it! But dumb noobish me, I went for the iconic mexican strat. -_- I like my strat too, but now that I know, I like schecters so much better. And it's even better because my tastes have changed. about 6 months ago I started to get into metal, and schecters are good for metal. Before, I was looking for an all purpose guitar. Schecters are good all purpose guitars too, but...

Get a schecter. You'll love it.
i too am also someone who shoulda, but didnt get one as a first, an i regret it everyday i play my... squier *shivers*
I am satisfied with my currect Schecter. It will do until I get enough money to get a really nice guitar, and even then it'll be an excellent backup.
Quote by Xenn99
They're cheaper because Schecter isn't as well known as, say, Gibson. Gibson charges a lot of money for the name on the headstock. Schecter doesn't have as much notoriety, so they can't charge for the name. They make good guitars, but can't send prices through the roof because of the name on the headstock.

I haven't heard a single comment about bad Schecter quality.

amen
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
wow, im surprised only 3 members not counting me of the I <3 Schecter's Club posted here....

they are the most amazing guitars, i own 7 of them i love them to death, I would recomend any of them, they are all versitile!

it will last you forever, not me being biased, as my guitar instructor/old friend says that schecters are starting to become the next gibson, lets just hope they dont raise thier prices