My friend Taylor recently told me about a Hondo II guitar he found in his attic, left by the guy who formerly lived in his house. I just found it online, and it looks to be a Strat replica. It was being sold in a kit with an amp for $180, and since his is used, and probably in pretty good condition, I'd say it'd be worth around $120. What do you guys think about this? Would it be a good buy?
There is no way resale on something $180 would be $120. I Wouldn't give any more than like $100
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
A Hondo strat copy tobacco sunburst white pickgaurd was my 1st guitar, worst tuning keys ever they would bind up and feel like you neded pliers to move them sometimes, action wa horrid, tone was horrid dont do it. I got an Aria Pro metal looking pointy horned strat a year later that lasted for 6 years till I got a real job.
Man this was the Aria I wanted so bad when I was like 16 I still love how the lower horn flows into the front part of the body, Dean EVOs come close but have a lumpy awkward look to the upper bout and dont have the ESP horn. The top body line is like the divider line in the middle of a yin yang

click to enlarge

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/pe1000_ad.html
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by MustangMan311
My friend Taylor recently told me about a Hondo II guitar he found in his attic, left by the guy who formerly lived in his house. I just found it online, and it looks to be a Strat replica. It was being sold in a kit with an amp for $180, and since his is used, and probably in pretty good condition, I'd say it'd be worth around $120. What do you guys think about this? Would it be a good buy?

Dude my friends got one of them...or did his dad bouht it off him because it sounds so good!.... jsut incasehe DIDNT change the pickups in it ide keep it because his dads a real expert...and it is an alright guitar...i played it!