I'm looking for a new electric guitar, my price range is peaking at £400 but would prefer to go cheaper.

My favourite two bands are Foo Fighters and Queens of the stone age, but want to be able to play some heavy metal. e.g Iron Maiden, Metallica. I can invest in a few pedals so distortion is not a concern.

3 guitars i'm considering are

Ephiphone Riviera
Ephiphone The Dot
Ephiphone Wildkat

.....noticing a few patterns anyone?

But I know these guitars ain't exactly excellent for what I want to play.

My typing is very sloppy so I apologise for any mistakes I've made.
What's your current guitar and amp?

As for the three you posted, they're hollowbodies/semihollowbodies. They won't handle high distortion well. They'll be fine with a bit of distortion, but too much and they'll squeal and feedback horribly.

For what you want to play, why not check out an Epi LP Plain top? It should handle all of those bands fine.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Well, i like the look of semi acoustics that's all, but i'm sure i could always get one later.

My guitar is a very cheap and crap one, that's why i'm so desperate to get a new one,
it's a package marshall one
my amp is a Marshall 15 watt
I'm assuming it's a Marshall MG15DFX...It's decent if you're just practicing on your own.

For the guitar, look at these;

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epiphone G-400
Washburn WI64DL

The Washburn will be the most versatile because it has coil splitting-that lets you make humbucker pickups sound like single coils. It's also the most expensive. It's $419 USD. The other two are $400 USD.

I'm sure other people will recommend other guitars as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
it's a 15CDR, i know it ain't the best amp, but it's ok just for practicing, i'll get a new one for when i start gigging methinks.
k, if your wanting to keep it for practicing thats fine. now about that guitar i dont think there is one that can cover all your music taste