Poll: Peavey ValveKing 212 or Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212?
Poll Options
View poll results: Peavey ValveKing 212 or Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212?
Peavey ValveKing
11 50%
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
11 50%
Voters: 22.
if I were you I would go for the Fender just because it has a much cleaner sound. More clarity i guess is what im trying to say. And that amp will be plenty loud enough because my friend has won and we crank it. Its a nice amp but so is the valveking. I just think you would get more quality with the fender.
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
I was leaning towards the fender...Your signature says you own a Peavey ValveKing? Anything you don't like about it?
Quote by yorkshireterror
I was leaning towards the fender...Your signature says you own a Peavey ValveKing? Anything you don't like about it?

it's not a sig, it's just links to further your knowledge on the amps.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
it's not a sig, it's just links to further your knowledge on the amps.

I was referring to feedback11's signature:
my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (wine red w/ gold hardware)
-peavey valve king 212
-roland micro cube
-alvarez acoustic electric
-digitech digidelay
-epi les paul 100
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal

I thought I phrased my question well enough, if not, I hope this cleared it up
I've read reviews about the ValveKing only being able to achieve a certain type of tone. Like Southern Rock or something. Is that true or can it be used for metal?
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by MDoggDX316
I've read reviews about the ValveKing only being able to achieve a certain type of tone. Like Southern Rock or something. Is that true or can it be used for metal?

I don't know about only southern rock, I hope not, but I've heard that it can't get a real heavy sound.
Quote by yorkshireterror
I don't know about only southern rock, I hope not, but I've heard that it can't get a real heavy sound.

Thats too bad. Especially since the XXX is (IMO) pretty expensive. Maybe it is because when i first saw it on MF it was only about $400(sale)
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by MDoggDX316
Thats too bad. Especially since the XXX is (IMO) pretty expensive. Maybe it is because when i first saw it on MF it was only about $400(sale)

Yeah, I was gonna get the XXX when I heard about that sale, but it was already over
Get the fender, and if you somehow aren't pleased with the overdrive (The clean is excellent) just get an overdrive pedal. If what i've heard about the valveking is true, its clean is not that great. You should always get the amp with the better clean if you think you'll need good cleans sometimes, coz if you're not happy with the overdrive, all you have to do is tweak a little and maybe add an overdrive pedal
no i like my amp but the fender cleans are awsome. the fender is also really loud for 60 watts so a think the overall value is better in the fender. the valveking is a lower model tube amp and even though i think its a great amp the fender just has more clarity
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
Looks good, thanks for all the replies. Fender's lookin pretty good from my point of view. Guitarforever, that looks like a good solution.