yeah i was just thinking of some of the higher end pedals that have preamp tubes in them, and i was wondering how would i make and overdrive with preamp tubes in it? and how exactly would it affect it as opposed to a regular overdrive? thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
^Nice, I forgot about that site...I may build that tube preamp thing, I want one so I can send my digital recordings through to get them all warm and tubey

And I know E-H has a few pedals with tubes, and Seymour Duncan came out with one too...
There's also the ToneBone Hot British...
Most of them run the 12*7 series, but the SD has some miniature tubes IIRC.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ah, i see the tube pedals

they're in the higher end models

dammit!
now i want a real mctube...
except I can't order parts online, cause I'm moving soon...

time to raid the circuit labs! (although i'd still need to order tube sockets... sigh...)
Last edited by greenbox at Jun 3, 2006,
^they're not too bad, I just ordered two. They're like 1.50 if you get a good deal.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah the damage control ones were what i was referring too, along with the vox muliteffects board.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Zoom has two effects boards with preamp tubes in them, their 7.something and 9.something. The seven has one tube, and the nine has two.