Page 1 of 2
According to Absolutepunk.net, As Cities Burn is breaking up after warped...
Does anyone know specifics about this or the reason for it?
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
the link is...
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=141041
and it was on the news page a day or so ago...
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
TJ is getting married, Cody is starting his own thing, Pascal doesnt know what to do. Im going to tlak to Colin soon, because he lives right next to me.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Thanks bro.. I'm glad it wasn't because of fighting and such.. That's the worst
Quote by i'm a noob
Well aprently they arent...they just posted new tour dates on their myspace
www.myspace.com/ascitiesburn
luckily, there are 2 dates for here in LA, **** yeah!
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan

A serious sig? WHATTT?
I hate to double post, but this one will be kinda long. They ARE breaking up, and have their farwell/headlining tour with maylene and the sons of disater. This is what they posted on myspace:

we know there are rumors floating around about the future of as cities burn, so we wanted to clear things up.

tj is getting married this fall, and has decided to settle down, and begin life off of the road with his wife. he encouraged us to replace him, and continue with someone new in his place, but we have all decided that this band would not be the same without him. as cities burn was built on the personalities, work, and ideals of the five of us, and simply replacing a member would leave a void that would be impossible to fill. so we, as a band, have decided to end as cities burn.

as cities burn, the fans, and the times that weve all had over the past 4 years have been the most incredible experiences of our lives. we have cherished every moment, playing night after night in small towns, to small crowds, to the massive shows weve been able to share with you all over the past year. we are humbled by the love and friendships that weve been so blessed to share with each of you, and owe everything this band has become to the people that have believed in what we do. we hope that some of the ideas upon which this band was based will live on, that each of you will be encouraged, and know that you are loved. what an amazing time weve had, we owe the greatest times of our lives to each of you. thank you all for everything.

we are so thankful that this summer well have a chance to come to many of the cities that weve played over the past 4 years, and say goodbye to the friends weve made along the way. we hope that youll come out, sing along and hangout one last time. we love you all more than you know, and well see you soon.

love,
tj, cody, colin, aaron, and pascal.

(we will still be on the first two weeks of warped tour this summer, and will still be doing our final headlining tour through july and august. our official last show will be at the house of blues in new orleans on august 19, 2006.)
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan

A serious sig? WHATTT?
This is upsetting
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
No good at all.

The weird thing is the whole part about how they couldn't replace one of the members because it wouldn't be the same because they have a different bass player than they originally had. One of my friends(who now lives in TN) was friends with him before anyone knew who they were. He even filled in a couple of shows recently when I saw As Cities Burn because their drummer had to attend to family things so their current bass player played drums and this old guy came back and played bass.
Yeah it was, that story might have been confusing. They had Guy 1 as the original bass player, over time something happened and they got Guy 2 as a full on member and Guy 1 wasn't in As Cities Burn anymore. Then the drummer couldn't play some shows so Guy 2 played drums and they invited Guy 1 back to fill in a few shows on bass.
thats cool little story

that sucks that they are breaking up i saw them live once and they were really good
.... am i the only one who doesnt think they are that good? i mean they are decent, but i dont think its that big of a deal... i dunno.
yeah this sucks alot, they were amazing
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Yeah it was, that story might have been confusing. They had Guy 1 as the original bass player, over time something happened and they got Guy 2 as a full on member and Guy 1 wasn't in As Cities Burn anymore. Then the drummer couldn't play some shows so Guy 2 played drums and they invited Guy 1 back to fill in a few shows on bass.

I'm pretty sure their bass player came back on full time

But, I don't know.

And anyway, a bass player is easier to replace than a vocalist.
oh well.

I was never a fan anyway (it seems like I'm the only one)
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
i have just been getting it to these guys i will make sure to check them out when they come to seattle
why do you keep coming back?
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
i get that email telling me that i'm not banned anymore and its like world series tickets

you people are so fun to **** on
i just came back from there last show in seattle very good i must say but what i really wanted to say is

they are going to make a new record, they didn't say anything about playing more show but still a new record
Quote by frd_marshll
i just came back from there last show in seattle very good i must say but what i really wanted to say is

they are going to make a new record, they didn't say anything about playing more show but still a new record

Ahh, we should've said hi or somethin.
But yes, it was VERY good.
they were a decent band. i never really got into them that much though, the only song that i really liked was Admission:Regret
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by fps_doug
Lol, they have a really stupid name for their band.

Favourite groups:

Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Neuraxis, Meshuggah, Kataklysm, Wintersun, Skyfire, Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, In Flames, Agalloch, Heaven Ablaze, Kreator, Vader, Porcupine Tree, Borknagar

What is it with people like this that they ALWAYS listen to Porcupine Tree?
I play guitar
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Check their myspace. The aren't breaking up anymore.

I play guitar
Ya they played their last show in seattle w/ Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster on the 12 of july
Quote by soul_power
Ya they played their last show in seattle w/ Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster on the 12 of july

that wasn't there last show

there last schudled show is on the 9 of august
Page 1 of 2