I've recently purchased a 2006 MiM Std. Strat in Electron Blue.
It's blue, which is my favorite color, but it's a lot darker for my tastes.
I eventually plan to buy an American, in chrome blue which is an awesome blue.. so I'd have two blues.
I really like the 3 color sunburst even though it's not my favorite color or anything, and it's $30 more expensive (but could I haggle with the guy in the store to make it $400 even, including tax, to match the online?)

the one I have right now also has like a sort of, little shallow shallow dip near the headstock.. kinda annoying.

Also if I do exchange it, should I get a fat strat (HSS) instead of a sss? if so, why and how big of a difference would I notice? I don't play metal/hard rock at all
yes go sunburst with rosewood neck and get a fat strat if youre getting an American standard later, why not have a humbucker, you might want to play some man music one day (just kidding)
If you don't want that HSS configuration, I wouldn't do it. Why not just get the American Strat in Sunburst?

Just for the record, sunburst looks the nicest on all Fenders!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at Jun 3, 2006,
Quote by Kartman
If you don't want that HSS configuration, I wouldn't do it. Why not just get the American Strat in Sunburst?

Just for the record, sunburst looks the nicest on all Fenders!

cuz they're expensive

I can take the HSS or SSS.. either one..
It sounds like you're having buyer's remorse.

If you really don't like the blue strat, take it back and get what you want.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Threadstarter, can you post pics of your Electron Blue Strat? I'm really curious about the colour because it's one of the finishes I'm considering.

Believe it or not, I'm choosing a MIM Fat Strat over a MIA. I was originally going to buy an American SSS Strat, but then realized that I would like a humbucker. And since I don't like any of the finishes that MIA Fat Strats come in, I am opting for a MIM.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

I like the Strat itself
I was having problems with a string buzz but finally figured out how to fix the action
but in the mean time I contemplated returning it and buying a new one at the store instead of online where I bought this one.
Quote by Armored Artist
Threadstarter, can you post pics of your Electron Blue Strat? I'm really curious about the colour because it's one of the finishes I'm considering.

Believe it or not, I'm choosing a MIM Fat Strat over a MIA. I was originally going to buy an American SSS Strat, but then realized that I would like a humbucker. And since I don't like any of the finishes that MIA Fat Strats come in, I am opting for a MIM.

That's silly. Buy a new pickguard and a humbucker. I'd rather invest the extra $130 into a guitar that's going to return the investment.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
That's silly. Buy a new pickguard and a humbucker. I'd rather invest the extra $130 into a guitar that's going to return the investment.

What's silly is investing an extra $130 into a $1400 guitar. (that's the total price of a MIA Strat in Canadian dollars) When I pay that much money for a guitar, I shouldn't have to mod it. At that price it should be the way I want it right out of the box. Also, modding it would void the waranty.

To each their own. I have an American Strat I turned into Frankenstein's monster
Hi, I'm Peter
i'd just buy a sunburst strat with single coils. the great fender tone comes from the single coils, if you have a humbucker in it, it doesn't really make it a fender imo
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
I have an electron blue one, so that makes you instantly cool...
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by amazingdm
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/crackedfender/

some of the pics are of my first strat, that had a crack, that I returned

these pics are with flash, but the color is very dark.

Chrome blue pwns electron blue too bad it doesn't come on the standard otherwise I'd be in heaven

Cool, it looks very nice. Those cracks are actually pretty common and supposedly harmless. They're finish cracks.

Does that "60" diamond button come on all MIM headstocks now? I thought they only had them on the 60th Anniversary Strats.

Quote by Dirk Gently
To each their own. I have an American Strat I turned into Frankenstein's monster

What did you do to it? Got pics?

"Does that "60" diamond button come on all MIM headstocks now? I thought they only had them on the 60th Anniversary Strats"

They were supposed to but the first one I got, with the crack, didn't have it.
But yeah all I've seen at the store had em too
Why dont you add yellow and brown paint and you'll have your three colors.
Why did you get the blue one in the first place?
THe sunburst with rosewood is my favorite strat.
I also get blue everything so I felt like if I didn't get blue I wouldn't be happy..
too afraid to get something different I guess even though I was considering it originally
Fuck color man. Just get whatever guitar sounds the best.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Well, you will probably regret that train of thought someday...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by amazingdm
styles important, otherwise why would anyone play an instrument

You're kidding, right?

Anyone who plays a guitar just to look cool doesn't deserve to touch a guitar. Or any instrument for that matter. Anyone who's that much of a POSER doesn't deserve any music at all.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
"Style" and "looking cool" are one in the same. The whole point of style is so that you can be cool.

Music is about THE MUSIC. If you seriously think music is about looking "stylish" YOU ARE A MORON!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i dont know about that looking cool thing.. i'm not planning on playing in front of someone else anytime soon.. i just want a color i'm happy with
Quote by Xenn99
"Style" and "looking cool" are one in the same. The whole point of style is so that you can be cool.

Music is about THE MUSIC. If you seriously think music is about looking "stylish" YOU ARE A MORON!

not LOOKING stylish
music is all about style..otherwise there'd be like one type of music everyone listened to or somethin
I can understand that, but saying music is all about style is just wrong.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
the 3 color on MIM is not a good looking finish, imo, compared to the american 3 color.

If I were to buy a mim I would purchase a wine red HSS w/ rw.