http://youtube.com/watch?v=eZSjCQiaLiM&search=metallica

check this video out that right there is why metallica kicks ass, im wondering if anyone had any tips on settings to get my amp to sound like that i have a peavey xxx

and i looked in the settings thread its just not the same though, thanks

omg i just watched the video again i die every time i watch that omg metallicas my favorite band to
hey dude watsup im in winnsboro tx ur a guitar player me and my uncle play too were gonna start a band i seen u live in texas, do u got any rrecordings of u me and my uncle are kick ass, i see ur name thing says 09 so r u like 15 or 16 or sumthin, im 15 my uncle is 25, if u wanna chat i have yahoo and msn email for both is darkshadow5137@yahoo.com, cya
Just put the treble and bass up high and the mids down low.

Then play around with it.
roar
Kirk says the secret to his sound is original Ibanez Tube Screamers. Apart from that you aint gonna pull an exact metallica tone without some hefty Mesas. But go for a nice scoop EQ and plenty of gain and you should be able to tweak from there.
Quote by redwater
hey dude watsup im in winnsboro tx ur a guitar player me and my uncle play too were gonna start a band i seen u live in texas, do u got any rrecordings of u me and my uncle are kick ass, i see ur name thing says 09 so r u like 15 or 16 or sumthin, im 15 my uncle is 25, if u wanna chat i have yahoo and msn email for both is darkshadow5137@yahoo.com, cya

I live in Plainview, not Pineview dude
For my Roland Cube 60 I do...

Bass 7.5
Mids 3
Treble 9
Presence 10
Gain 8.5
On the rectifier mode.

Hope it works for you
By the way, kick ass video
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard