I'm thinking of possibly buying a 2006 MiM Standard Sunburst Stratocaster at Guitar Center.

They're $435 and I'd assume plus tax

Online they're $435 with no tax or shipping charges.

How much could I haggle them down to?

It's supposed to come with a gig bag as well as a baggy with instructions/tools, will they give me that?
its most likely they might just match the non taxed guitar's price but they will probably not give you the same gig bag. and probly a no on the instructions
Why don't they give this stuff away if it comes standard with the guitar like online and when they get it? It's even advertised on Fender's site
hmm.
I think online they charge you for it..

I thought i was getting a free bag with my Epi..

turns out i didnt
cause its $50 more...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Here is what you do, go there with your mom and then if they ask you if you want help, say no, make sure it isn't the manager that you turn down. Then go to the manager and get your mom to say that nobody is offering you help and that your mom has been in sales for 22 years, they then might lower the price down for all your "troubles".
well $400 is the standard price for the new Strats.. they come with a bag online
$435 for sunburst though
2006 MiM Standard or was it older than 2006? Cuz they just upgraded for 2006 and upped the price
strats are a waste of money if you plan on getting famous with one. unless you have a nice american strat, and modded some. the american ones have great action though.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by meta1militia
strats are a waste of money if you plan on getting famous with one. unless you have a nice american strat, and modded some. the american ones have great action though.

haha again!
Quote by meta1militia

Although i like MIM strats, for a little more money (under $500)you could easily buy a used American Made Highway 1 strat if you wanted.
You can easily haggle them down.

"I only have $400 and I need at least a gigbag...can you sell it for that? I'll buy it right now...otherwise I have to keep saving...and that could take a while."

Yeah. They'll look at it as a quick sale and take the $35 off and throw in a regular gigbag.

I've also heard of people telling one salesperson that another salesperson just offered them a guitar for a certain price (like $100 off), and then ask the salesperson to match it. I've heard that pointing at some random salesperson helps build your case...but this could seriously backfire on you. Like if the salesperson asks the other salesperson if they offered that. When the salesperson says "no," they see that you're trying to pull one over on them. Then it's no deal for j00.

If it works, however, you just got a guitar for $100 less. (or whatever price you want off-$100 may be a bit much on a $400 guitar. $400 with a gigbag would be more reasonable.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Guitar centers have to pay for shipping and all that jazz. Which is why they charge the full MSRP for everything. I doubt they will be up for much haggling (Unless it's going up !).
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

The salespeople are just as greedy as any other human. They'll think "Quick sale" and not think "losing $35." Also, they'll want to get as many sales as possible, so if they can steal a sale from one of the other salespeople they will.

It works even better at the end of the month as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'm sure you can haggle with them. Just say oh I only have four hundred dollars on me and it would take me a while to save up the extra money.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Xenn99
The salespeople are just as greedy as any other human. They'll think "Quick sale" and not think "losing $35." Also, they'll want to get as many sales as possible, so if they can steal a sale from one of the other salespeople they will.

It works even better at the end of the month as well.

the reason they are like that is if they dont meet their quota they get fired on the spot. even if they are the manager.

The best thing to do is go in to the store with a friend take $400 (or whatever amount it is) give your friend $50 of it to hold on to. go up to the guy and tell him you only would like to have the guitar $350 to spend and you need the gig bag. unless he says ok to $50 off dont take the offer.
(if that doesnt work) when he says fine this is the lowest i can go mayby you should try x guitar, you say that youll try to borrow x amount of money from freind. get the money pay.

I have gotten some pretty good discounts using this tecnique. (and not just guitars)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
First of all...the 3 color on mim doesnt look good. Just had to get that out of the way.

Shoot straight with the guy...tell him you would like the guitar and a gigbag for $xxx and ask him if he can do that.

I have heard a lot of stories of people finding imperfections on guitars and getting deals on them...so you could try finding one with a ding. Please dont ding it yourself.

I would imagine you could probably get it for sticker out the door, with a bag, and maybe a set of strings.
"First of all...the 3 color on mim doesnt look good. Just had to get that out of the way."

it's the same freakin guitar as the american

I've seen it in person at the store, it's beautiful how bright orange it is