Hey Guys, i have just started to get into Death Metal, but i only have very limited experience with Death Metal bands, i know the biggest, most "mainstream" type bands, Deicide, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse etc, but effectively i am a total newbie. What would you guys recommend i check out?
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
The Metal Recommendation thread is a better place to ask.

Try Nile and Necrophagist. I them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
why death metal, whatever happened to escaping reality to be happy and partying to forget about a ****ed up society, death metal serves only as a slave to its own anger and thrives off the pocket change of disgruntled children, who ultimately flunk out of colledge to comit suicide.
but whatever floats your boat, i recomend not getting pidgeon holed and listen to all kinds of music.
Quote by nitemare
why death metal, whatever happened to escaping reality to be happy and partying to forget about a ****ed up society, death metal serves only as a slave to its own anger and thrives off the pocket change of disgruntled children, who ultimately flunk out of colledge to comit suicide.
but whatever floats your boat, i recomend not getting pidgeon holed and listen to all kinds of music.

I beleive he was asking for reccomendations for Death Metal music, not your entirely stupid opinion.

Oh and Vader is good stuff.
Last edited by Celticknife at Jun 3, 2006,
Quote by nitemare

I lol'ed.
Yeah, Rec thread
Nile's Annihilation of the Wicked is a really good metal album.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by nitemare

You clearly have no knowledge of death metal or it's fans, you ignorant fool.

Lol, disgruntled children? commit suicide? Do you think we're emo or something?
Idiot.

Anyways this should be in the rec thread.

*reported*
roar
Quote by Slayer224
You clearly have no knowledge of death metal or it's fans, you ignorant fool.

Lol, disgruntled children? commit suicide? Do you think we're emo or something?
Idiot.

Anyways this should be in the rec thread.

*reported*

I like you, partly because you are from new zealand, and partly because you dont like that other guy either.
Quote by nitemare

Wow. That has to be the most narrow minded piece of crap I have ever read. Get out of the Metal Forum you ignorant fool.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all