Hey guys,

Anyone who voted on my last thread - thanks very much!! I've decided to go for the ISP noise Decimator and the Rocktron Silver Dragon....... Until....... I came across the rocktron Metal planet......

Which is better for metal - like thrash and death etc. I am hoping the that silver dragon can give my SS amp a bit of a tube sound - but the metal planet sounds like its JUST for metal...... The majority of music I play is metal though.....

Now I don't know what to get.......

Can anyone help me from experience????

Edit: I just read the "best pedal for metal" thread below this - everyone is saying the BOSS MT2 or the Line 6 Ubermetal -I thought they were pretty crap.....??

Cheers again,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at Jun 3, 2006,
Line6 Ubermetal's a battery-eatin-floor-huggin piece a crap.
They give the most horrid, unreal tones ever.
Sadly, I am one of the many idiots who as a n00b decided "that says Metal, I bet its great!"
And spent £90 on the worst investment known to man.

i havent tried the metal planet, but i have heard not so great things about it, BUT i can vouch for the silver dragon, its sooooo versitile, it can be a classic crunch, then crank it and its all metal, more distortion than you prob need, i love mine and the fact that i got it for $75 brand new doesnt hurt either. So im thinkin if you want to be able to not only play metal, then check out the dragon
I think that the Silver Dragon is your best bet. It has plenty of gain, and can give you both solid-state and tube distortion. You may play mostly metal, but versatility is always a good thing, because you might want to play something else sooner or later.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
I think that the Silver Dragon is your best bet. It has plenty of gain, and can give you both solid-state and tube distortion. You may play mostly metal, but versatility is always a good thing, because you might want to play something else sooner or later.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I think I will go with the silver dragon, coz there is other stuff that I do play as well..... But as long as it does metal well, then I'm happy. To the poster that said he got his new for $75 - where was that, and how did you get it???

One last thing - can anyone tell me if the silver dragon, will give my SS amp more of a tube sound, because of its built it tube??? I hope it can kinda give me more of a tube sound, that will hold my amp of until I can get a tube amp!

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at Jun 4, 2006,