Page 1 of 2
hehehhe...this will be fun. I recently started a thread on help with finding out exactly what bridge i hd and it ended with me being pwnd for being picky about the pics that were posted so.....
I want any of YOU out there to indentify EXACTLY what guitar mine is:

[please note, unfortunately i dont have any pics because it always says they are to large or the file size is too large tp put up, people can PM me to help with that pls)

Specs:
Ibanez Radius model (but which one?)
Dark blue / perhaps jewel blue colour
Floyd Rose Patents bridge
Config: S S H
IBZ USA C1(s) C1(s) F3(h)
Sharktooth inlays on Wizard neck
'Custom Made' logo on 20th fret
No serial no. on Neck plate (joining point of body and neck)
Black backwards sloping headstock, just with 'Ibanez' written in silver on it, and the famous line thingy going across
Strange banded-y tone/ vol pots, like the end of a honey twirly stick thing
5 way switch

I woulds actually like to know the exact model so this would be helpful if anyone answers, and no 'Its and Ibanez' or 'A Radius, duh' posts please
thanks
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
to azn: thanks i might do that, but i really want them to be displayed in the post without having to follow a link

to PXi: I know, this has been my main thought, but the whole guitar seems to be a mix between the 540R the 540R LTD and the 540: i.e: S S H layout, which means not an 540R LTD, but in that blue colour with sharktooths so not the 540R. And the 540 tends to have H S H but the same bridge, so wtf?? And I have no idea about the pots, they are very odd
thanks....carry on
--
is that a dimebucker in the bridge i see madpickin

edit: damnit mad i swear you made me look like a tool once again.

edit 2: i can predict the future 2 post down mad will post the pic of a 540R
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 3, 2006,
wwwwwoaaah, dude i think you got the wrong thread, XD.
--
Hahah....sry for that...Ok, ill 'untool' you...

While ago i posted this, 540R-LTD

Which its not, and you know what, the 540R has been customized a lot. Are you sure its brand new Ibanez, not 2nd hand, not FAKE, coz it might be tweaked by the previous owner. Also, the 540R series have Roadstar II Pro540 Custom, made by Japanese Hoshino team together with USA team, but its really rare and the paintjobs are also different.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
cheers for that mad, and answer the question. for one million 'fake' dollars is that a dimebucker in the bridge
its not fake, and the tone pots may have been changed. i did hear that it was made with a USA team....and its not fake cos i bought it off my guitar teacher who bought it off his guitar teacher, it was kept VERY well.....its basically like brand new so thats not an issue methinks. He also told me it was rare, so i dunno. but no credibility or moddy or condition issues anyway....
--
Quote by azn_guitarist25
cheers for that mad, and answer the question. for one million 'fake' dollars is that a dimebucker in the bridge

YahtzEE~!
Quote by J.MitMetallica
its not fake, and the tone pots may have been changed. i did hear that it was made with a USA team....and its not fake cos i bought it off my guitar teacher who bought it off his guitar teacher, it was kept VERY well.....its basically like brand new so thats not an issue methinks. He also told me it was rare, so i dunno. but no credibility or moddy or condition issues anyway....

Hmm...y didnt you mentioned that earlier...seems like you're making stuff up :stickpoke
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 3, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
so when you gonna load pics

ill try and do it NOW on photobucket
--
Dude, password. You dont even have to put your account's URL... Just copy the image location and post it here.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
--
doesnt seem likes its worth anything. i will take it off you for 100us dollars . nah but serious i dont know what model that is
is it a GSA?
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Only 2 possibilites, its a 540 Radius series custom or 1998 S-Series.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
so what does anyone conclude from the [my] pics?(not the other guy's, MOD PLEASE DELETE THE IRRELEVANT PICS)
--
Edge Lo Pro trem and the satch body, whatever it is its nice and Id buy it if its a good deal. Id price it about teh same as a late 80s RG570 or 770. Could be wrong and worth more, Im not sure.
i thinks perhaps worth a little more, i esentially got it for 550 GBP, which i think is a good deal! Any more detailed specs (thanks for the bridge info Custom..) would be nice, also just opinions on whether you guys like it!!!!! (enjoi [someone will get that joke])
--
Ok, i have concluded from these resources that its a Radius 540R with neck change. Apparently the neck is 1pc. Maple, during that time have no specific name to it and have dot inlays, so the neck is changed from the 540R-LTD or 540S-LTD.

- http://ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1990/r.jpg
- http://ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1991/r.jpg
- http://ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1991/s_2.jpg

And the "Custom Made" inlays is normal to old 1pc. neck. This explains everything.
- http://ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1992s/s_2.jpg

I have gone through every Ibanez's catalog and there's no such guitar like urs existed (unless i missed one, which i think i dont).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 3, 2006,
hehe, thanks, i dunno, but i dont think it had a neck change, so maybe its just a custom, and i know its not an S series, but that did help.
So now: what does anyone think of it (see 1st page for pics, not the ones above, these are for speculatorially informative purposes only )
--
I highly doubt that its a USA custom or J-Custom Ibanez, coz every US custom or J custom tend to have a really good custom paintjobs, and urs it just plain JB or BK.

And correction to ur "Custom Made" inlay, its on the 21st fret.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
lol, well thanks for that, well.....oh sh*t, i just realised something.....the guitar did actually have a re-spray after my guitar teacher dropped his iron on it when he owned it, but he said he managed to beg ibanez for the same colour, so i dont know......plus the pics are crap too.....
--
does appear to have teh 540R body and pickups but the sharktooth neck with Custom logo off of the 540RLTD. But we are not sure of the year of his guitar and if it might have been post or previous to this particular catalog. I wouldnt assume neck swap, you said your instructor owned it and knew the original owner as well? Definately 540R, I had forgotten about those.

Man these catalog page bring back old memories of drooling over the 540's and I want Larry Mithcell's white tiger overcoat and Crocadile Dundee hat.
yes (Custom...) my guitar teacher's teacher owned it, and he didn't mention anything about a neck swap, ill post the serial number if that'll help? it on the back of the headstock
--
Quote by CustomCustom
does appear to have teh 540R body and pickups but the sharktooth neck with Custom logo off of the 540RLTD. But we are not sure of the year of his guitar and if it might have been post or previous to this particular catalog. I wouldnt assume neck swap, you said your instructor owned it and knew the original owner as well? Definately 540R, I had forgotten about those.

Man these catalog page bring back old memories of drooling over the 540's and I want Larry Mithcell's white tiger overcoat and Crocadile Dundee hat.

http://ibanezrules.com/catalogs/index.htm , feel free to look at the whole catalog produced in each year. I just did and i encounter the same thing.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
yes (Custom...) my guitar teacher's teacher owned it, and he didn't mention anything about a neck swap, ill post the serial number if that'll help? it on the back of the headstock

Could you just snap a closeup of the metal cover on the bolted neck.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
--
Thats a 540R-LTD Cover plate. And the tone pot is changed IMO, no way Ibanez could've put those in.

Radius 540R-LTD Cover Plate

Radius 540R-LTD "Custom-Made" Inlay

Radius 540R Cover Plate
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Sigh....are you trying to help this dude or just creaming urself
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ sorry but where are all the blonde bombshell lead guitarists like Lita Ford and Jennifer Batten, and the girls from Vixen? Nose ringed chicks dont count and niether does Courtney Love, damn grunge ended the world
Nope, MTV kills everything i luv about shred rock and progressive rock actually....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
.....i shouldnt post the catalog url........
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Page 1 of 2