Hey guys, can somebody please explain to me how to tune to Drop D, down 1 and a half steps? I really can't figure it out, and its not in the tuning thread *to the best of my knowladge.*

Thanks guys.
go to the guitar basics page. theres a tuning guide in there.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
tune down one and a half steps, (i.e Db, Gb,B,E,Ab,Db) then tune the E (now a Db) down again, until you can play the 7th fret and have it sound like the Gb.

....that probably made no sense whatsoever...
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
well what ur wantin to do is go down to dropped B. Get a tuner, if u dont have one u can get one online, chord dictionary has a good one, and tune the bottom string down to B then the rest (from low to high) f#, b, e, g#, c#
Alternatively u can go down to dropped C (CGCFAD) then dropped all the notes down a further half step, i would choose this one because the tuning would hold better if u go down in steps instead of straight down to B
Hope i helped
Ibanez SAS32
Yamaha ERG121
Marshal 10CD
Zoom GFX1
Line 6 echo park
Line 6 uber metal
ok. tune your e string down so that when you play 11th fret it is the same as the a strnig. then tune your a so that when you play 7th fret on the e string they are the same. make the open d sound the same as the 5th fret on the a string. make the open g sound like the 5th fret on the d string. make the b sound the same as the 4th fret on the g string. make the e sound the same as the 5th fret on the b string.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
or this way. whichever you find easier.
Drop B: B F# B E G# C#
Play the 2nd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 2nd fret Low E string.
Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel