Hey all, was hoping someone could help me out. I was playing a gig last night when my amp started to make a low REALLY loud humming sound when i turned my guitar volume fully down. However it wasnt every time, only sometimes and it didnt seem to affect it in particular parts of the room - it seemed random.

The way i was set up i had my guitar going through the wireless system, into 4 pedals into the front of the amp, and whilst i have the gain/volume pretty high i would have thought that turning the volume on the guitar down would stop the noise. What i did notice though was that if i turned my tuner on which muted the guitar, the noise would stop. The bassist/other guitarist all use the same system but its set to different frequencies - so i figured it cant be them interfering, and also this has happened with the wireless before, but never when i used a lead. The only other thing i could think of is that the wireless receiver was pretty close to the pedals so i thought maybe they could be interfering?? The other two never have a problem either, but they have a different setup, but with the same wireless.

If anyone knows about these things or has had a similar experience please help! Im new to the whole wireless thing and have another gig tonight!!
what wireless is it?

sometimes the venue can cause the problems. it might not even be there tonight.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its a freeport one from sennheiser. im hoping it was just the venue, but like i say its happened before,so if theres something up with the wireless i need it sorting a.s.a.p!!

cheers
i only use a cheap nady around the house. but when i get a hum its usually because i forgot and turned on the dimmer light.

it shouldnt matter where the pedals are. if its not outside/venue interferrence, then its just not reading the pack.

check ur settings. they have A/B channels usually. and make sure the battery is fresh and the lead into the guitar and from reciever to amp is snug. wiggle them see if the hum comes back.

if u try to eliminate the little things and nothing seems to be causing the problem, then it might be the system itself. sorry, cant be of more help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011