Hi,

My problem with this item is that when I plug it into my computer with the USB Cable it says that it's missing the software needed the run the POD XT Live Pedalboard. I was wondering, what kind of software is this? because the pedalboard package as a whole didn't come with any disk of any sort. Do you have to download it off the web? or what?

If you need me to be more specific about my problem, just tell me.

All help would be great, thanks
Em I'm having Line6 podXT Live trouble too. I can't get a one decent distortion out of it for playing metal! I'm playing through a regular Marshall amp (dunno what make, ill check now) but I play stuff kinda like Sikth, Dillinger Escape Plan, Pantera...I want a edgy distortion but I just can't get one.

I suck when it comes to stuff like this.
I think Cedric dropped the mic about 20 times cause he was throwing it around so much. He also had a milk crate on his head for a bit. So yeah, it was a good show...crazy kids.

I love the Mars Volta.
Guitarport (I think the latest version is 2.5) or Line6 edit.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
[quote="'[with teeth"]']Em I'm having Line6 podXT Live trouble too. I can't get a one decent distortion out of it for playing metal! I'm playing through a regular Marshall amp (dunno what make, ill check now) but I play stuff kinda like Sikth, Dillinger Escape Plan, Pantera...I want a edgy distortion but I just can't get one.

I suck when it comes to stuff like this.

Well what you might want to invest in is the Metal Pack which has 18 high gain amp models for $50, well worth the price. The distortion though in general on the POD XTL is very fizzy and what helps I find is to put on the analouge chorus with the speed at about 10-20, depth at about 5 or so, and mix at 100% and that really takes away the fizz and gives a great sound (as good as what can come out of this pedal) Also what usually does it is using one of the distortion stompboxs, I find the BOSS MT2 is good, the tube screamer just doesnt sound very good to me at all, but most of all I like the classic distortion (think its modeled after the RATT) it seems to add just the perfect amound I need for my taste

hope this helps
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Guitar port is for the guitar port interface. If you are using the PodXT Live then use Line 6 Edit.

You can use the guitarport software with the POD aswell.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure