Well here's the thing.. The guy who gave it to me tells me it's a KH203, but ..

Well on the Head it says Dearmond or something, the fretboard is standard with squares running down getting thinner by the fret. The body is like the kh203, now dunno how to put this but the two things catching up sound (treble and rythm thing) are of gold and says De armond USA. It's all black, really looks just like this one but don't have the same brands http://www.instrumentpro.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/kh203.jpg

and some parts are gold. The guy told me he modded it to a Gibson Lespaul, removed all korean **** and put in all american. So is this a Le Armond or an ESP or what?
If it says De Armond, he ripped you by saying it's a KH-203 if thats what you bought it for.

HOWEVER. DeArmonds were well-respected American guitars (owned by Guild at one point, I think?) and Fender bought out the name a year or two ago.

If it's a genuine US DeArmond, I'd much prefer it to a KH-203. But really, if you let him sell it to you as a KH-203 you really need to do more research and use common sense or you'll get majorly ripped.
My Rig

2004 Fender '72 Custom Telecaster reissue
2006 Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 Acoustic

ProCo RAT
Boss DD-3

Peavey Classic 30
Quote by thegenerator
If it says De Armond, he ripped you by saying it's a KH-203 if thats what you bought it for.

HOWEVER. DeArmonds were well-respected American guitars (owned by Guild at one point, I think?) and Fender bought out the name a year or two ago.

If it's a genuine US DeArmond, I'd much prefer it to a KH-203. But really, if you let him sell it to you as a KH-203 you really need to do more research and use common sense or you'll get majorly ripped.

I never said I bought it, I said he gave it to me
ESP Kirk Hammet SIgnature

EDIT: It is a KH-203, $699 Retail Price
Last edited by hckfrk38 at Jun 3, 2006,
"Marshall G30R CD" Atleast that's what it spells :P 80W 12". He gave it to me along with the guitar. Are we settled on what kind of guitar it is is now? I need closure, and a value would be great

Whatever it is, it's awesom to play
Last edited by Demander at Jun 3, 2006,
Well I'm just playing for a hobby, yeah. But to be honest even with this amp is sounds amazing!
It is a Guild DeArmond! Damn, nicely done if you were given it. Those things are beautiful, as I said before.
My Rig

2004 Fender '72 Custom Telecaster reissue
2006 Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 Acoustic

ProCo RAT
Boss DD-3

Peavey Classic 30
That pretty much looks like the KH-203 to me...

Can't get a very close look at it, but it could also be the 603...

Edit: Well, if it is a Guild DeArmond, then why does it say LTD on the head-stock?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Last edited by flyingjew34 at Jun 4, 2006,
Nice guitar. I'd recommend changing the tone and volume knobs though...they look cheap, while the rest of the guitar looks very classy.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
DeArmond are better known for their pickups. I love vintage DeArmond pickups.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by flyingjew34

Edit: Well, if it is a Guild DeArmond, then why does it say LTD on the head-stock?

Check out the pic's he posted, you're looking at the wrong thing.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Thats nice if it plays nice and sounds nice then it doesn't matter what company it's by.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by flyingjew34

well you really didnt look at the pic the ts posted did you
azn guitarist why do you always ask what amps people have? the thread wasnt even about amps, it was about an unknown guitar. we all know amps are important to the sound but this is about a guitar, so chill out on the amps front...
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
Quote by antman2004
azn guitarist why do you always ask what amps people have? the thread wasnt even about amps, it was about an unknown guitar. we all know amps are important to the sound but this is about a guitar, so chill out on the amps front...

umm... you want this guy to play a guitar through a marshall mg amp plus, i just find it better two kill two birds with one stone
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 4, 2006,
That's a shockingly nice looking guitar, congrats.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30