The digitech metal master distortion pedal? how good is it because i was thinking about getting it
smoke w**d evry day
my friend has a metal master playing through a peavey transtube with a gibson sg special faded and he gets some nice tones out of it for hardrock and hardcore.
It's definitely as heavy as you'll ever need it to be, but it's lack of a gain knob turns me off. Not to mention it's the single most digital sounding distortion I've ever heard. I mean, the first time I heard it played I didn't know what it was and I said to myself "well, that's a digital pedal"
go for the boss mt2 instead. much better. and you can get a much wider variety of sounds.
yo
Quote by sr.rockalot
go for the boss mt2 instead. much better. and you can get a much wider variety of sounds.

*kills puppy*

The MT-2 is one of the coldest, most lifeless sounding distortion pedals I've ever heard.
Keeley modded DS-1.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
Stick with Digitech, but put the extra $50 or so to a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory. A former regular here (HomerHitter, RIP) likes his, as do I mine. I think if people are going to say it's digital, of course it is! Why can't you get that from the company's name? I feel that if it wanted to market the distortion pedals it models then it would have told you to get those pedals, seven in all, ranging from overdrive to distortion to fuzz. I think for the money, it's totally worth it, the DF-7 is.
Quote by Archeo Avis
*kills puppy*

The MT-2 is one of the coldest, most lifeless sounding distortion pedals I've ever heard.

if you have a ****ty amp that you're playing through.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Stick with Digitech, but put the extra $50 or so to a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory. A former regular here (HomerHitter, RIP) likes his, as do I mine. I think if people are going to say it's digital, of course it is! Why can't you get that from the company's name? I feel that if it wanted to market the distortion pedals it models then it would have told you to get those pedals, seven in all, ranging from overdrive to distortion to fuzz. I think for the money, it's totally worth it, the DF-7 is.

*stretches*

I'm back

I second that. Not only would you be getting the Metal Master, but you would have more tweaking options (more knobs) and six other great models. I think it is deffinately worth the extra moolah, except the battery life sucks gnorrhea ravaged genitals. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it.
dont get digitech they create tonssssssssss of line noise
today i was trying out digitech pedals and the guy that worked there said dont even think about buying these theyre way too noisey
get a modded ds-1
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by JET116
digitech sounds wayy to digital

I've found that digitech only sounds digital through solid state amps. Every tube amp I've used them on (including mine) sound great.
DF-7 fo sho

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby