ok ive been playin for about a year now. ive never had lessons. i just look at tabs and stuff. i pretty much know nothing about scales and all that stuff. what should i work on now? i want to start seriosuly instead of just looking at tabs
its still a bit hard to understand even though i only read half of it. any one recomend any books or something?
Quote by moo453
its still a bit hard to understand even though i only read half of it. any one recomend any books or something?

buy a basic beginners guitar lesson book. Only about 5 dollars. I know, you'll say that you're past that stuff. However, if that ultimate guitar lesson page is hard to understand, you need to go hit the books. And take it from me, a guitar player of 3 years. I still use my beginners book for picking exercises and what not. You'll feel humble, but it's part of the experience. You might feel small or inferior comparing to others when you're in the beginner stage. I still feel it as an intermediate guitarist.

also another thing to do is really work at a song a bit above your level. In the process of learning that song, you'll learn skills beside just being able to play that song.